The Student Room Group

Social Work MA 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I heard back yesterday to say i had been accepted after alot of stressing. So hang fire! :smile:
Original post by dancer88
I heard back yesterday to say i had been accepted after alot of stressing. So hang fire! :smile:

I'm really trying to be patient!! Which uni?
Original post by Justbychance
I'm really trying to be patient!! Which uni?

I was the exact same. Wolverhampton uni, what about you?
Original post by dancer88
I was the exact same. Wolverhampton uni, what about you?

Plymouth. I just want to know what I'll be doing come September. It's frustrating not being able to plan ahead.
Hey I'm going to Plymouth too! I called up and apparently if you search for term dates on their website, we fit into that schedule - so welcome week from the 21st then start on the 28th.
Original post by debsnona
Hey I'm going to Plymouth too! I called up and apparently if you search for term dates on their website, we fit into that schedule - so welcome week from the 21st then start on the 28th.

Great thanks for letting me know. Are you moving there or do you already live there? I need to start looking for accommodation within the next couple of weeks. Really excited to start now!
I live here already but I moved here for my undergraduate. What sort of place are you looking for? Shared student houses are cheap but pretty rubbish if you leave it too late. But Plymouth uni is great, if your into the outdoors you'll love it. Yep getting kinda nervous!
Original post by Sophie_14
Hey, I've sent you a pm, but seriously don't worry about the day at all, it's fine. The written test you can't really prepare for, they're looking more at at how you write rather than the content :-)

just try try and be as relaxed as you can (I know, easier said than done!). Everyone is lovely, and they try and put you as ease :-)

good luck!

Hi Sophie, is there any chance you can help me regarding the Birmingham interview, I'm so scared! I'm applying through clearing and hoping it'll go well but feel sick from the thought of it lol x
Original post by debsnona
I live here already but I moved here for my undergraduate. What sort of place are you looking for? Shared student houses are cheap but pretty rubbish if you leave it too late. But Plymouth uni is great, if your into the outdoors you'll love it. Yep getting kinda nervous!

You're lucky, that's much easier when you know the area. Yea I was looking at shared student accommodation. But I am worried I'll end up with young students who are partying too much!! Not really sure what else is available. I'm really into outdoor stuff on that's good to know.
I recieved a letter from the nhs bursary telling me the amount I'm going to recieve after being nominating for a bursary. I'm confused about other uni's not being allowed to send their lists off as mine have done with no problem?
Reply 590
Original post by Lovesuicide18
I recieved a letter from the nhs bursary telling me the amount I'm going to recieve after being nominating for a bursary. I'm confused about other uni's not being allowed to send their lists off as mine have done with no problem?

It seems like a case of the left hand doesn't know what the red hand is doing.
Original post by Lovesuicide18

For a masters? That's so confusing. Which uni is it, do you mind me asking?
I phoned them the other day and they told me capping lists couldn't be sent in until the 31st August. But when you look on their Facebook page they say lists can be sent in from 31st July...so all a mess I think.
Original post by Justbychance2015
I phoned them the other day and they told me capping lists couldn't be sent in until the 31st August. But when you look on their Facebook page they say lists can be sent in from 31st July...so all a mess I think.

I think the 31st July deadline is for undergraduates, 31st August is postgraduates. But still, a huge mess!
Original post by RuthAlexandra
I think the 31st July deadline is for undergraduates, 31st August is postgraduates. But still, a huge mess!

Ah ok that would make sense!
Original post by RuthAlexandra
For a masters? That's so confusing. Which uni is it, do you mind me asking?

Yep. I'm doing an MSc Social Work at Huddersfield University. I'm very confused also! One of my course mates has also received his letter. It says 'You will receive the following when we receive attendance of your course' and goes on to state how much money I will get from them.
Original post by annam2
Yes I am going I have been offered a bursary . How about you?

Yes I am going and have been offered a bursary. I haven't heard from the NHS bursary people yet though.
Is anyone else going to Bristol to study MSc Social work this September?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KayLeigh871
Hi Sophie, is there any chance you can help me regarding the Birmingham interview, I'm so scared! I'm applying through clearing and hoping it'll go well but feel sick from the thought of it lol x

Hey, sorry only just seen this message. When's your interview? Mine was back in Feb so can't remember a great deal about it... There was a written test that was quite straightforward, think it was just about your experience etc. the interview was straightforward too, just why you want to study social work, experience, how you cope with stress & that kind of thing. No group discussion. The people there were really nice.

Good luck!
Has anyone who's going to Warwick who have been told there being nominated heard anything from the bursary people yet, apparently the list of nominations where sent on 14th August
Original post by CarrieDuff92
Has anyone who's going to Warwick who have been told there being nominated heard anything from the bursary people yet, apparently the list of nominations where sent on 14th August

Hi Carrie, I was told the list would be sent after 31.8.15, so probably won't hear anything until mid September...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending