The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I just read the booklet and it says that if you have alcohol on you they'll chuck you off the course! I didn't see that before.
Reply 101
well wat a loss that wuld surely be.
Reply 102
Happy_Holidays
I just read the booklet and it says that if you have alcohol on you they'll chuck you off the course! I didn't see that before.

i was talking to people who went last year and the organisers dont care wot u do there
Reply 103
going later 2day!!!
Hmm I feel sorry for you guys having wasted your money!
Reply 105
rg2005
i was talking to people who went last year and the organisers dont care wot u do there
Absolute rubbish.

I went on a bender up there with a bloke who spent the weekend quite obviously stoned off his face.
Medlink 2 tomorrow!! Anyone excited? Everyone packed?
Reply 107
Happy_Holidays
Medlink 2 tomorrow!! Anyone excited? Everyone packed?

Whooooo! yeah!! Can't wait!! Does any1 know where yoo go first? do u go straight to the halls of residence or what?

Cheers!
Why don't you go on Medsim instead?
Reply 109
I came back a few days ago. :biggrin: 2 girls got chucked off the course and taken to hospital for drinking
I did really enjoy the course it was amazing but I thought it was going to be more practical and more things about getting in. I loved it all the same though :biggrin:
Happy_Holidays
Why don't you go on Medsim instead?

What's that?
Back from medlink 2 and it was AMAZING!! Defo do it worth every single penny. There such a cool guy who does the introductary and final lecture in the sports hall he's such an inspiration person and a complete joka!!

Really good lectures although SOME were so boring he fell asleep! You meet students who give you 'straight up' info on medicine and come down to your level, the one doing 'life as a junior doctor' really was cool, swearin down right which made us laugh!

I learn't many new things, but i found the course a good motivator than learning new things. many of the things said can be found online most lectures just gave you life in a different speciality, the most important one i feel were the interview (3 of them) and general admission (3 of them). The most important lecture ran till 11pm but was BY FAR the best again coming from 'The Legend' who no one knows his name.

I came into medlink unsure if i wanted to do medicine I came out of it KNOWING I WANT TO DO MEDICINE!

My mate got completely wasted on the final night, ambulance was called but they said he should be ok, his rents were called over :/ he wasnt kicked out cos it was the final day.,

anyone up for medsim?
Twaffy
I came back a few days ago. :biggrin: 2 girls got chucked off the course and taken to hospital for drinking
I did really enjoy the course it was amazing but I thought it was going to be more practical and more things about getting in. I loved it all the same though :biggrin:

that was the only advantage of those ridiculous courses. a chance to hook up.
:O! No one I knew or around my area was kicked out. Who was it that was kicked out? There were some people who were drinking but not at the ambulance stage. I was on medlink 2.......sooo fun!!! I'm deffo doing medsim!
Reply 114
Yeh Medlink was cool, if it hadn; ben fro Person 34 I would have been bored. It was a good laugh and you kind of learnt at the same time. A long time since I have last said learning was fun.

MEdsim looks interesting and a bit more hands, I might be going on that too.

P.S the bar tenders are really dumb so gettign drinks was no problem :P .

Deep
I agree. It was really good. I'm deffo going on medsim. I didn't hear about anyone getting kicked of either.
One of the best 'lectures' I had was on the pathology. We were ment to be doing a debate but no-one could be bothered so we just talked to the guy who was ment to be running it because he was an interviewer for barts so he gave us tips and then he answered any other questions we had and told us storys of things he's done.
Reply 116
Same did anyone go on the Medlink 1 ... aaah well was well good. Yeah i know its a bit .. well robotic in the way they say everything. O well great way to end the year... bring on medsim!
Reply 117
medlink 1 ..who actualy went out in nottingham?!come on people!!
not me but my few mates did...apparently it was rubbish
Deep1989
Yeh Medlink was cool, if it hadn; ben fro Person 34 I would have been bored. It was a good laugh and you kind of learnt at the same time. A long time since I have last said learning was fun.

MEdsim looks interesting and a bit more hands, I might be going on that too.

P.S the bar tenders are really dumb so gettign drinks was no problem :P .

Deep

Deep, I had to tell you to shut up every lecture cos you woudln't stop talking, you did not learn hun :smile: I still have the 3 pages of conversation/pictures from that incredibly boring 3 hours of lectures. haha :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending