The Student Room Group

Is the European university in Georgia GDC approved?

Hi there, I am looking to study Dentistry abroad and I am looking to use the medlink student agency. I was wondering if I apply to the European university in Georgia will I be able to study in the UK and if it is GDC approved?
Reply 1
Original post by Sakiryu
Hi there, I am looking to study Dentistry abroad and I am looking to use the medlink student agency. I was wondering if I apply to the European university in Georgia will I be able to study in the UK and if it is GDC approved?

European University is completely controlled by medlinks so going their will be similar to putting your future in the hands of medlinks and they will use any means to get money out of you.
Reply 2
Original post by Sakiryu

i suppose you wanted to write GMC European university is on the ''we may accept'' list and ''we do not accept'' list of GMC so going there would be a foolish decision.
Reply 3
Original post by Sakiryu

You should apply there if you are ready to risk your money time and degree because you might get rejected by GMC as the university is on its grey list
Reply 4
Oh ok thanks guys
Reply 5
Original post by Sakiryu

i am attaching a link to the GMC official lists you can see for yourself that European university is on these lists
Grey list
https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-and-licensing/join-the-register/before-you-apply/acceptable-overseas-qualifications/overseas-medical-qualifications-we-may-accept
Black list
https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-and-licensing/join-the-register/before-you-apply/acceptable-overseas-qualifications/overseas-medical-qualifications-we-do-not-accept
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 6

Hey! It's for students who went to the university in 2019 because there was an issue with the Ukrainian students! for now I know some students there who are studying and have a well-recognized degree.
Reply 7
Original post by Orla9099
Hey! It's for students who went to the university in 2019 because there was an issue with the Ukrainian students! for now I know some students there who are studying and have a well-recognized degree.

SO if there ''was'' an issue why is it still on the list and what about the grey list or the we may accept list of GMC why is European university on it?GMC doesn't put anyone on the list without any reason so if European University is on both the list there must be something wrong with it.
Reply 8

what is wrong with you guys defending European University don't you see its on the grey list and the black list at the same time?
Original post by jonny54
what is wrong with you guys defending European University don't you see its on the grey list and the black list at the same time?

It is not currently on the black list, that is for ppl who studied prior to 2019 anyone studying post 2019 the degree is currently recognised by the GMC
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous #1
It is not currently on the black list, that is for ppl who studied prior to 2019 anyone studying post 2019 the degree is currently recognised by the GMC

i never said anything about them not being recognized i m just mentioning the fact that they are on both the lists which should be enough reason for anyone to not go there.

I would never go to a university that has previously been on the black list and wasted the time and efforts of hundereds of students.
Reply 12

the university is on the grey list so there is still a chance that GMC might reject your application for registration, wasting years of time and money.
Reply 13

deliberately going to a university that is on the grey list of GMC will be a very foolish decision as there is a huge chance for you to get rejected by GMC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending