The Student Room Group

Georgian Medical Schools

I've been waiting to go abroad to study medicine in Georgia. I originally planned to do graduate entry medicine at the European University, who confirmed that I needed to contact Medlink as they were the selected representatives. But, as expected, the GMC decided they would reject any graduate entry applicants wanting to practice in the UK. Now there is no reason to stay with European University. I am now stuck between choosing Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) and European University.

I am thinking that TSMU is a government university, so is more credible compared to private universities. European University is also on the GMC's we may accept list, so is risky. Which one should I choose?
TSMU for sure. I’m applying to CIU since I heard it has a good reputation although it’s a newly accredited courcev
Original post by Julaibeeb
TSMU for sure. I’m applying to CIU since I heard it has a good reputation although it’s a newly accredited courcev

Isn't CIU on the GMC's we may accept list? Or are you not from the UK?
Original post by Ahmed12345ib
Isn't CIU on the GMC's we may accept list? Or are you not from the UK?

I’m doing dentistry there, haven’t heard GDC say anything about it
Original post by Julaibeeb
I’m doing dentistry there, haven’t heard GDC say anything about it

hi im looking to apply in ciu and ive heard its not the best because u have to pay extra for clinical hours??could you pls let me know how it is there??
Have you looked into alte? I know Medent Europe represent them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending