The Student Room Group

Course work - Games and media production

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sena5
quoted to help OP

I'm already in this thread. lol.
1. Are you male or female in gender?

Female

2. What is your favourite game? (if you have multiple put them down when answering below use the first one on the list)

Mass Effect, Pokemon, Smite, TLOU, Guild Wars 2, Fallout/ES, L4D, Timesplitters.

3. What genre is this game mainly?

RPG

4. What made you choose that game?

Probably the best game I've ever played, gives the player options in terms of story progression, characters feel tangible, gameplay is a lot of fun. Lore is awesome, im a sucker for good Sci Fi.

5. If the company that made the game made a sequel (or if they have already) would you buy it (or do you already have it)?

I have both sequels (2&3) and the mobile applications released by the developer, as well as having bought into other merchandising (figures, books, comics etc) Also planning to buy the new addition when it's out.

6. What source do you refer to most to find out about new games(if its a social media site who do you read posts/watch videos from most)?

Forums, News Sites, Youtubers etc- I collect PS4/PC gaming magazines too.

7. Do you only play games like the first one you mentioned if, why?

I like to play a variety of games, but I do tend to be drawn more to RPGs.

8. Do you favour multiplayer games in the genre of the first mentioned game more than singleplayer?

Generally single player but I love the cooperative multiplayer aspects of Mass Effect 3, I play it a lot. I'm also into MMORPGs which are inherently multiplayer but I often find myself solo'ing them because i don't really know many people who play.

9. What makes or breaks a game for you, is it the graphics/gameplay/story ect and what do those represent to you?

Graphics don't matter too much to me, story is generally quite important. Making the player feel important is always a nice touch. What would break a game would maybe come down to it being boring/ EXTREMELY repetitive (I don't mind a little) or the developers being unresponsive in terms of fixing issues and bugs etc.

10. Does it matter if the game has a detailed backstory. Why?

I guess, I'm a lore nut. I spend more time scouring the wiki pages and forums for information about the game's lore than I spend completing the game itself, actually. A detailed backstory/lore basis is more important to me because I'm drawn more so to story orientated games. The more detailed, the better- it explains why I'm a big RPG/MMORPG fan. I can also enjoy a game without an incredibly detailed backstory as long as it's engaging- take Smite for example, it's a MOBA, a genre typically lacking story-wise so the gameplay is much more multiplayer/competitively and cooperatively orientated, but it's still a lot of fun. Although the characters you play are gods of various pantheons, so there is a degree of history in there that you can read up on and the character banter between them relates to their lore, it's quite amusing. Depends on the game really, I personally am more drawn to story-orientated games, though.
Reply 22
Original post by Arkarian
Hey I'm on a games design course at college and I need some input for my research from gamers, I'd love if anyone could take the time to reply with a few responses.

2. What is your favourite game? (if you have multiple put them down when answering below use the first one on the list)

5. If the company that made the game made a sequel (or if they have already) would you buy it (or do you already have it)?

6. What source do you refer to most to find out about new games(if its a social media site who do you read posts/watch videos from most)?

8. Do you favour multiplayer games in the genre of the first mentioned game more than singleplayer?

9. What makes or breaks a game for you, is it the graphics/gameplay/story ect and what do those represent to you?

Thanks for taking your time to post, it's a big help to me.
:beer:

1) Male
2) SW:TOR, Mass Effect 2, L4D2, Hitman: Absolution, Rocksmith 2014
3) Sci-Fi
4) I love star wars, the lore espically
5) I would get it, if they improved the story line a bit more
6) Facebook and Youtube
7) I tend to stay roughly in the same genre area as those are the ones they grip me the most, the ones that i can really sink my teeth into and get engrossed in the lore
8) I prefer Single-Player but multiplayer is always a useful addition provided the game isn't BASED souly on it
9) Graphics to a certain extent, Storyline and the general community are the key factors
10) It must have a detailed backstory it's what i love in a game,

Anymore info you need just let me know
Hey I'm on a games design course at college and I need some input for my research from gamers, I'd love if anyone could take the time to reply with a few responses.

1. Male

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Western

4. I love that whole Wild West cowboy culture haha.

5. Yes definitely!

6. The Internet I suppose...

7. No I also play RPG,s, Sci-Fi, Wrestling.

8. Prefer singleplayer.

9. Gameplay and story I think.

10. Not particularly I don't think.
Reply 24
Thanks yeah that works.

Btw where is that language from then, can't say i've heard it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am Hindu. So, my mother tongue I speak is Tamil.
It's the hindu language like your is english as for british language.
Reply 25
Original post by ChickenMadness
I'm already in this thread. lol.

Sorry again :frown: lol

Male

Halo: Combat Evolved

First person shooter

Many, many hours of fun with my friends, completely recolutionised the genre, amazing lore.

Yep, definitely

Generally IGN, sometimes Xbox/Nintendo mags.

Definitely not, I play games from a lot of genres, about a third of my games are FPS.

Generally no, but I would like it to have a multiplayer element to it.

Generally the gameplay itself - if that's no good, you struggle to access everything else within it.

Totally depends on the game, if a game is all about big pretty explosions, it really may not be required. But if you're playing an RPG or a decent action-adventure game a great story goes a very long way to make the experience more meaningful.

Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Mushi_master
Hope that helps!

Original post by ChrisLay1
x

Original post by Tomsta
Anymore info you need just let me know

Thank you all. :biggrin: you are really helping me with this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28

Posted from TSR Mobile

i quoted them in

Posted from TSR Mobile

lel wheres my quote + thanks?
Reply 30
Original post by ChickenMadness
lel wheres my quote + thanks?

Oh wow sorry as I was doing it on my phone I didn't notice </3
Thanks anyway though dude, I may just sleep as EGX was so boring so I ended my day breaking all the games I could find...
Reply 31

Male

Portal 2

Platform? Not really sure

It's fun

Yes I would

I have a look around game stores every so often

No, I play all sorts

Yes, I prefer multiplayer games to be more fun and silly than single players.

It's a combination of the lot - not so much graphics though. Mainly it's enjoyment I guess

Not really, in my opinion having a detailed backstory overcomplicates the game. I play games for fun, I don't want to be sat there trying to get my head round the storyline.

I couldn't be bothered to scroll up and down, so I answered within the quote.
Reply 32
Original post by Andy98
I couldn't be bothered to scroll up and down, so I answered within the quote.

no problem as long as it's in English and it's readable and relevant I can put it down as valid data

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
no problem as long as it's in English and it's readable and relevant I can put it down as valid data

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hokay
Reply 34
Reply 35

should we fill it there? in the link?
you need more help?

Original post by bookworm243
x
Reply 36
Original post by Sena5
should we fill it there? in the link?
you need more help?

Yeah use the link if you can and ask me here if you have anything you need as im here to help
Reply 37
Yeah use the link if you can and ask me here if you have anything you need as im here to help

is it a must as I've already given my answers here?
Reply 38
Original post by Sena5
is it a must as I've already given my answers here?

no you dont have to as ill end up moving the data from the spreadsheet ive already got into the new one but i did change a question or two so depending i may need to ask you a question when im finishing gathering up the data later on
Reply 39
no you dont have to as ill end up moving the data from the spreadsheet ive already got into the new one but i did change a question or two so depending i may need to ask you a question when im finishing gathering up the data later on

Oh due to the new questions I can give my answers here if you provide the new questions or should I refill the link survey answering the new questions also?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending