The Student Room Group

TWO personal statements?

I had aways been under the impression that univeristy applicants can only submit one personal statement, and never doubted this. Yet last weekend I was at the Durham open day and told one of the tutors I was going to apply to Spanish and French at some unis but Spanish and Russian at others - on this, she told me that ucas now allowed students to submit two personal statements if they were applying to two different courses. When I got home and looked this up I could find no information saying that this is the case and I'm now extremely confused. Does anyone know more?
Reply 1
The tutor was wrong. You can only submit one personal statement, the only counter example I know of is Cambridge where you can write a Cambridge specific personal statement and submit it with you additional information outside of ucas.
You can only send one personal statement through UCAS, unless you have a seperate, unofficial personal statement that you're sending to the university direct (but you need to have agreed this with the uni beforehand)

Quick Reply

Latest