The Student Room Group

Unsure - radiography/optometry

I want to apply to Radiography and Optometry however I’m unsure on how to go about it. I’ve read several comments and also checked on university websites but Im still confused. Ii’ve tried to make a statement that includes both choices but I’ve heard that competitive unis don’t accept generic statements. The other option is making a separate statement for each one and apply individually.
( also, does anyone know if City uni of london accepts a second personal statement?)
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Koi.
I want to apply to Radiography and Optometry however I’m unsure on how to go about it. I’ve read several comments and also checked on university websites but Im still confused. Ii’ve tried to make a statement that includes both choices but I’ve heard that competitive unis don’t accept generic statements. The other option is making a separate statement for each one and apply individually.
( also, does anyone know if City uni of london accepts a second personal statement?)

You really need to decide what you want to study. Both radiography and optometry are competitive courses and it will be impossible to write a convincing personal statement for both. Have you shadowed a radiographer or optometrist? Which experience did you enjoy the most? You still have two months before the equal consideration deadline so try to decide on one course.
Reply 2
I agree with normaw above it's going to be hard to make a convincing application for two different career choices, I'd make a decision about which one you prefer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending