The Student Room Group

Transfer application

Hello, I am currently student of first year I want to transfer my university where and how can I add my transcript and modules I have studied in first year . Also I have studied two years of bachelor degree but did not complete all the four years where can I add two years diploma and certificate?
Original post by superhuman-flask
Hello, I am currently student of first year I want to transfer my university where and how can I add my transcript and modules I have studied in first year . Also I have studied two years of bachelor degree but did not complete all the four years where can I add two years diploma and certificate?

Are you applying to transfer directly with your target university? Or are you applying via UCAS? I'm going to assume you're applying via UCAS.

With regards to both your current university, and the two years you've spent at university before that, you would simply enter the start / end dates at each university in the education section.

Once you've done that, you can enter details of any qualifications gained there. If you can't find an appropriate qualification in the drop-down list, then choose "Other" and type the name of the qualification in the box. There will be space to list your modules. If the university/ies to which you're applying want to see your full transcript, then they will ask for it.

Don't forget to set the entry year to 2 if you're trying to transfer into year 2.
Original post by DataVenia
Are you applying to transfer directly with your target university? Or are you applying via UCAS? I'm going to assume you're applying via UCAS.
With regards to both your current university, and the two years you've spent at university before that, you would simply enter the start / end dates at each university in the education section.
Once you've done that, you can enter details of any qualifications gained there. If you can't find an appropriate qualification in the drop-down list, then choose "Other" and type the name of the qualification in the box. There will be space to list your modules. If the university/ies to which you're applying want to see your full transcript, then they will ask for it.
Don't forget to set the entry year to 2 if you're trying to transfer into year 2.

Thanks for your reply it really did help me and yes it is through UCAS. and also could you tell me what to include in my personal essay and how to organize that?
Thanks for your reply it really did help me and yes it is through UCAS. and also could you tell me what to include in my personal essay and how to organize that?

By "personal essay", I assume you mean "personal statement". Correct? Didn't you write a personal statement when you applied for the university place you have right now?

You'll find a load of relevant information in the Personal Statement Guidance Hub 2024 Entry thread.

There's "organize that" involved. You just write it. :smile:
Yes I mean personal statement but as this application is for transfer I should state what I have learnt from the first year and why I am considering transfer. So it needs to be a new one.
Yes I mean personal statement but as this application is for transfer I should state what I have learnt from the first year and why I am considering transfer. So it needs to be a new one.

Agreed. You asked "what to include". It sounds like you already know. :smile:
@superhuman-flask - it might be worth having a look through the University Transfer FAQ, as that contains lots of useful information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending