The Student Room Group

Applying to various courses

Hi, since my UCAS tutor isn't responding to my emails I wonder if anyone could provide insight to the courses I'm applying to.
I have chose liberal arts (focusing my personal statement on English lit and sociology) while also applying to a separate course of English and sociology together- but my question is will I be able to apply to English and Sociology on their own? I've been told to stress how important I think studying a wide range of subjects is in my personal statement, but I also want the opportunity to potentially do the subjects by themselves. Any insight would be helpful thank you :smile:)))))
Original post by sgreen545
Hi, since my UCAS tutor isn't responding to my emails I wonder if anyone could provide insight to the courses I'm applying to.
I have chose liberal arts (focusing my personal statement on English lit and sociology) while also applying to a separate course of English and sociology together- but my question is will I be able to apply to English and Sociology on their own? I've been told to stress how important I think studying a wide range of subjects is in my personal statement, but I also want the opportunity to potentially do the subjects by themselves. Any insight would be helpful thank you :smile:)))))

What type of unis are u applying for/ ur predicted grades because it all depends how competitive the unis u are applying for are

Use those two as an example of interdisciplinary study
Reply 3
Original post by user123456324
What type of unis are u applying for/ ur predicted grades because it all depends how competitive the unis u are applying for are

I'm applying for my local Russel Group uni (which is honestly not very competitive) and my predicted grades are two A* and an A.
I'm applying for my local Russel Group uni (which is honestly not very competitive) and my predicted grades are two A* and an A.

U should be fine because u have decent predicted grades and yeah as said above u can use your two examples as interdisciplinary studies
Reply 5
Original post by user123456324
U should be fine because u have decent predicted grades and yeah as said above u can use your two examples as interdisciplinary studies

Thank you omg lifesavers🙏🙏🙏

Hi there,

If these are the two subjects that you have a passion for, then it shouldn't matter that you discuss both in your personal statement as long as you can express why they both interest you. As another responder has said, you can play on the idea of interdisciplinary study - why do these two subjects work together?

I would also recommend looking at the modules offered on the courses you are applying for, and find ways to express what it is your passionate about exploring and studying. I would also say, talk to your teachers! Ask them how the two subjects work together, they will be able to give you get insights I'm sure!

I hope that helps :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by CCCU -Rep
Hi there,

If these are the two subjects that you have a passion for, then it shouldn't matter that you discuss both in your personal statement as long as you can express why they both interest you. As another responder has said, you can play on the idea of interdisciplinary study - why do these two subjects work together?

I would also recommend looking at the modules offered on the courses you are applying for, and find ways to express what it is your passionate about exploring and studying. I would also say, talk to your teachers! Ask them how the two subjects work together, they will be able to give you get insights I'm sure!

I hope that helps :smile:

thank u!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending