The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Theology?? And coming to visit.

I'm thinking of applying to do theology, anyone have any experience of it?
I got ABBB at as level... Will this affect my application?
which college is best to apply to?

And my my boyfriends already at Durham, if I wanted to visit him where's best for me to stay? He's at St chads
Reply 1
Original post by Charlotte071096
I'm thinking of applying to do theology, anyone have any experience of it?
I got ABBB at as level... Will this affect my application?
which college is best to apply to?

And my my boyfriends already at Durham, if I wanted to visit him where's best for me to stay? He's at St chads

I'm applying for Theology at Josephine Butler college, I think your grades are great, it's only AAB for Durham and you could easily get predicted that. I'm predicted A*AA so I'm hopeful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Where abouts is Josephine butler?
What were your grades??

I'm having such a college dilhemma, I really want one with a good freshers week, I know that's quite naive but freshers is important to me as this is how my ex had all his fun-to my dismay. I really want to just go out till stupid o'clock and get drunk and make great friends! Was thinking St johns, but worried it's too Christian
Reply 3
Not sure where abouts it is, it's so far away that I haven't visited yet.i got AAAA but they were all pretty low A's, apart from the one I dropped which was quite high but I really didn't enjoy it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Charlotte071096
Where abouts is Josephine butler?
What were your grades??

I'm having such a college dilhemma, I really want one with a good freshers week, I know that's quite naive but freshers is important to me as this is how my ex had all his fun-to my dismay. I really want to just go out till stupid o'clock and get drunk and make great friends! Was thinking St johns, but worried it's too Christian

Freshers is definitely important- once you're there most colleges have the same teaching quality etc but making your friends and having fun is important at the beginning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by shortness
I'm also applying for theology! I visited Durham on the open day and literally fell in love with both the city and the course. The lecturers who spoke to us seemed so enthusiastic and really interested in providing us with a good education (rather than just being interested in their own research etc.). I'm thinking about St Mary's for my college but maybe another I'm not sure yet.
If you're after a 'party place' I would say maybe Hatfield or Collingwood because Collingwood seemed really modern and chilled if you're after that. But really just look up online the different colleges and see from there. Good luck to you both!

Good luck to you too!! Where else have you applied if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by lauzjw
Good luck to you too!! Where else have you applied if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to give Cambridge a go but I have very little hope for anything coming of it! But in all honesty, I feel like I preferred the Durham course so hopefully I'll get an offer from them... I'm also applying for Edinburgh, Bristol and St Andrews. Where are you applying?
Reply 7
I'm going to give Cambridge a go but I have very little hope for anything coming of it! But in all honesty, I feel like I preferred the Durham course so hopefully I'll get an offer from them... I'm also applying for Edinburgh, Bristol and St Andrews. Where are you applying?

Durhams too for theology anyway, isn't it? I'm going for Oxford (what a joke), Exeter and Leeds and Birmingham for history and theology.
Scottish unis are a bit for from me, despite being excellent, and Bristol is a little too close to me for my liking so I've not applied to them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by lauzjw
Durhams too for theology anyway, isn't it? I'm going for Oxford (what a joke), Exeter and Leeds and Birmingham for history and theology.
Scottish unis are a bit for from me, despite being excellent, and Bristol is a little too close to me for my liking so I've not applied to them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh that's like me with Leeds considering I'm from Leeds. History and theology sounds interesting but yeah, I'm religious studies and theology for them all. If you don't get Oxford would Durham be your first choice? I'm sending my application off tomorrow and I am so nervous I won't even get an offer from them , let alone Cambridge.
Reply 9
Not sure really, haven't been to Durham as its so far away but it's either Durham or Exeter, I loved Exeter and their course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauzjw
Not sure really, haven't been to Durham as its so far away but it's either Durham or Exeter, I loved Exeter and their course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I see, well I guess it depends whether you want more of a city life or not... But even in Durham you have Newcastle like a 10 minute train ride away soo for nights out...

I would suggest visiting it before you eventually firm your options.
Reply 11
Ahh I see, well I guess it depends whether you want more of a city life or not... But even in Durham you have Newcastle like a 10 minute train ride away soo for nights out...

I would suggest visiting it before you eventually firm your options.

I sent my application last week, I can't get to visit it's way too far, like 8 hours away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauzjw
I sent my application last week, I can't get to visit it's way too far, like 8 hours away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I meant before you firm your final offers (worded it very poorly, sorry). Wooah what part of the country do you live in?!
Reply 13
No I meant before you firm your final offers (worded it very poorly, sorry). Wooah what part of the country do you live in?!

I'll definitely visit if I get an offer! And I live in South East Wales so it's pretty far esp on the train

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauzjw
I'll definitely visit if I get an offer! And I live in South East Wales so it's pretty far esp on the train

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I see what you mean. Not only would it be a long way, but train prices there days are extortionate (I really sound like an old woman saying that but yee, they really are...) Anyway, good luck with your offers!

Quick Reply

Latest