The Student Room Group

Degree in International relations, Classics, Theology or something different?

I enjoy Classics/Theology the most and have grades to go to a Russel Group university + I can do a Law conversion Course.

My grades are AAB in History, English Literature and Philosophy.

I find it easier to just read about Ancient History and Literature than studying Theology but I enjoy both equally. Job prospects seem the same, IR has better job prospects but I don't really enjoy the subject. Also it is easier for me to study Classics in my own time than Theology but my subjects do fit well with Classics than Theology (my EPQ is a Classics question as well).
Original post by StaticVoid!!
I enjoy Classics/Theology the most and have grades to go to a Russel Group university + I can do a Law conversion Course.

My grades are AAB in History, English Literature and Philosophy.

I find it easier to just read about Ancient History and Literature than studying Theology but I enjoy both equally. Job prospects seem the same, IR has better job prospects but I don't really enjoy the subject. Also it is easier for me to study Classics in my own time than Theology but my subjects do fit well with Classics than Theology (my EPQ is a Classics question as well).

I can't tell you what you should do, do you have a specific career in mind?
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I can't tell you what you should do, do you have a specific career in mind?

Not really, maybe going into Law or Professorship is something but am quite unsure. I do want to travel as much as possible and live a financially stable life (that's the dream isn't it) but not set on a career. With all the degrees I can do, the only job from that that appeals is Law or I can branch off into things unrelated to my degree. But I don't, for example, want to be an Archeologist, Librarian or Archivist.
Original post by StaticVoid!!
Not really, maybe going into Law or Professorship is something but am quite unsure. I do want to travel as much as possible and live a financially stable life (that's the dream isn't it) but not set on a career. With all the degrees I can do, the only job from that that appeals is Law or I can branch off into things unrelated to my degree. But I don't, for example, want to be an Archeologist, Librarian or Archivist.

I would pick the degree that you would enjoy the most if I were you because most degrees can lead to doing law and you may become aware of more interesting opportunities while you are studying for your degree
Reply 4
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I would pick the degree that you would enjoy the most if I were you because most degrees can lead to doing law and you may become aware of more interesting opportunities while you are studying for your degree

Thanks for your answer! A lot of pressure from my family is to get a degree that pays but like you said, I can only really go into law and I can do that via Conversion Course.

I know more about Classics than Theology but I am more comfortable studying Theology at Uni as I find it harder to study it on my own while Classics I don't find it difficult to study on my own. Theology does carry the whole "Christian, Bible-fanatic, becoming a Priest" stereotype that some family members and friends aren't fond of when I mention it to them.

Quick Reply

Latest