The Student Room Group

Do universities care about any extra AS level qualifications?

I'm currently doing an AS level Theology and Philosophy qualification along with my GCSEs, but I'm not sure if it is worth continuing as I have the grades to continue but I find it difficult to revise. If I take 4 A levels and do well, do universities differentiate using this (if I also do really well in the AS level)? Or is there other factors that come into play (further context, I'm planning to go to Uni for a computing degree, maybe Imperial)
Original post by palanador
I'm currently doing an AS level Theology and Philosophy qualification along with my GCSEs, but I'm not sure if it is worth continuing as I have the grades to continue but I find it difficult to revise. If I take 4 A levels and do well, do universities differentiate using this (if I also do really well in the AS level)? Or is there other factors that come into play (further context, I'm planning to go to Uni for a computing degree, maybe Imperial)

Firstly nearly all universities make offers based on 3 A levels. I think Imperial on a couple of subjects make offers on 4.

Only 1 in 20 get offers for Computer Science at Imperial so your chances are extremely low. Theology and Philosophy isnt going to help getting into CS. You need to be taking Maths and Further Maths and might well need to take some form of entry test in addition to A level. Generally it is inadvisable to take 4 A levels as this is spreading the load too lightly. As I said universities make offers on 3 A levels and quality is better than quantity. AAA is always seen as better than AABB.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending