The Student Room Group

feel horrible because im resitting yr 12? will unis look down on this alot?

im doing maths, bio and chem.. i want all As now because thats the only reason that will makd this year worth it. will unis not take me because of this. i really wanted to do medicine or dentistry?? i dont think unis accept resitting a year.. are there any that do?? also will i be accepted for courses like optometry and chemical engineering etc.. obviously if i get good grades. im feeling really down like theres no hope now.
Reply 1
i think this will be fine as i have repeated and i am applying for medicine this year...to be honest university of brighton told me that as long as i have a good BMAT score, they wont take into account that i repeated year 12...just enquire with the uni first before applying there! you will be fine! trust me!
just aim for those As and nothing else matters
I'm resitting A2s and applying for Optometry, and the unis I'm applying to accept resitters. You'll be fine :smile:

(Apart from Manchester)
Reply 3
thankyou xxx do you know anyone who has got in this way and btw good luck!
Reply 4
oh cool :smile: what unis are you applying for and does university of leeds accept resitters x
Original post by Nimmy666
oh cool :smile: what unis are you applying for and does university of leeds accept resitters x

Just a heads up, when you wanna reply to someone directly on here, just click "Reply" so then I'll get the notification that you've replied to me :smile:

I'm applying for Optometry and Leeds don't offer that course. Call up the uni or check on their website to see if they accept resitters for Medicine/Dentistry etc.

I'm applying at Cardiff, Aston, Plymouth, City and Anglia Ruskin :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
oh thanks :smile: and good tips

Quick Reply

Latest