The Student Room Group

Engineering Foundation Year Entry with 2 A-Levels and 1 As level?

Hi,

After messing up my AS Exams (failing Maths and Physics), it left me with only two subjects that I could carry forward to A2. These being; Product Design and ICT. After looking into options, I decided to pick up the Engineering course, only taking this to AS level.

This mess up obviously closed a lot of doors for me, in regards to entry on to Uni courses, leaving me the choice of either doing a foundation year or going to college. As I really don't want to go to college and feel I would be better doing a foundation course, I've became a little stuck with knowing what I can do.

My aim is to do a Mechanical Engineering Degree with a 1 year Foundation degree. But pretty much all Uni's ask for 3 A-Levels for entry, whilst also not being linked to the subject. However, the main Uni I am looking at is Leeds, while they ask for 200 UCAS points (I'm predicted to get 280 all added up), but again don't want them to be relevant to the course.

So my question is; Could I gain entry to a Foundation course, with lower grades despite having experience in the subject area, whilst still carrying relevant subjects?

Thanks, any responses will be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Email the unis and see what they say they are the best people to ask about getting into their uni

Quick Reply

Latest