The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 42000
Sensible. On their website they mention the entry requirements are higher; if you don't make the second year requirements in August, could you ask to be put into first year?

Where else did you apply to, anyway?

I got told on the open day that by having a conditional offer for direct entry to second year, I've got an unconditional for first year entry :smile: so if I failed the 2nd yr offer I would go into first year automatically (if they were my firm choice.)
Cambridge, Bristol and Manchester :smile: (and then obviously Glasgow and Edinburgh)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by rachelc142
I didn't fill out UMS on ucas , didn't see the point

Posted from TSR Mobile

This could be seen as well thought out, yet subtle pun.
Original post by gortz1o1
This could be seen as well thought out, yet subtle pun.

Hahaha xD it wasn't intentionally so you can have credit :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for Geography BSc on Monday. Havent had anything yet apart from the welcome email and portal sign up :smile:
Original post by abigailbayram
Hi, I'm applying too but to study Linguistics. Is anyone else applying for linguistics or a language? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile: I'm applying for English and Spanish!
Original post by Annabel_rose
Hi everyone :smile:
I'm applying to Edinburgh for English Literature. I'm also applying to Oxford, Durham, Bristol (received an offer on Friday :biggrin:) and Exeter.
Edinburgh's acknowledged my application, but I'm just wondering how long it usually takes for them to give out offers?
Is anyone else applying for English Literature?

Hi :smile: I'm applying for English Literature and Spanish! I also applied to Oxford, Durham and Bristol and got an offer from Bristol too - well done on yours! (except I applied there for Spanish and Italian.) Aside from Oxford, which one do you want to go to most? Personally I really loved Edinburgh!
Hi everyone :smile:
I'm applying to Edinburgh for English Literature. I'm also applying to Oxford, Durham, Bristol (received an offer on Friday :biggrin:) and Exeter.
Edinburgh's acknowledged my application, but I'm just wondering how long it usually takes for them to give out offers?
Is anyone else applying for English Literature?

I've applied for English Lit. Got an email today about logging onto their portal and they said they'll get back to me some point before March lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rubisco
Ahh I was so close to applying for that it looked really interesting, but I didnt want to rewrite my personal statement and some of my other options didnt have it, so I went with Biochemistry instead :tongue:

Yeah I really liked the look of it; it does seem really interesting! Actually, I applied for Biochemistry at Durham as well! Where else did you apply to? :smile:
Original post by Passwords
hey, I've applied for Medicinal and Biological Chemistry too! Well, "with industrial experience". I haven't officially sent my application off since my teacher has to write my reference and get predicted grades :yep:

What else did you apply to? And is edinburgh your first choice if you get in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay, I didn't think I would find anyone else who had! :smile: Haha were they taking ages? My school's like that! I also applied to St Andrews, Bath and Durham for 2 courses. What about you? I'm not sure yet. I do really like it but I also really like Durham and St Andrews. Would it be yours?
Reply 169
Original post by libbispr96
I've applied for English Lit. Got an email today about logging onto their portal and they said they'll get back to me some point before March lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that email about getting back by march, it was weird because the first half of it was worded like a rejection
Original post by edielamorna
Hi :smile: I'm applying for English Literature and Spanish! I also applied to Oxford, Durham and Bristol and got an offer from Bristol too - well done on yours! (except I applied there for Spanish and Italian.) Aside from Oxford, which one do you want to go to most? Personally I really loved Edinburgh!

Great university choices :wink: Oxford is the dream - I'm applying to Christ Church. Which college are you applying to?
I did like Edinburgh as a city, although I preferred the courses at Durham and Bristol to be honest! But (as a frugal Londoner) the extortinate train fares are what really put me off going to Durham or Edinburgh!:tongue:
Well done on your offer from Bristol! What's your fifth option?
Reply 171
Original post by Sapphire321
Yeah I really liked the look of it; it does seem really interesting! Actually, I applied for Biochemistry at Durham as well! Where else did you apply to? :smile:

Ive also applied for Bio NatSci at Cambridge, and Biochemistry at UCL, Imperial and KCL. So far I've gotten offers from only Edinburgh and UCL, but I wasn't expecting it to be so quick, and I have my Cambridge interview in two days!! :eek::eek: (im international)
Original post by checkmate14
A Masters in just plain ol' straight up Mathematics :P

Oh the fun you'll have :wink:
Original post by Sapphire321
Yay, I didn't think I would find anyone else who had! :smile: Haha were they taking ages? My school's like that! I also applied to St Andrews, Bath and Durham for 2 courses. What about you? I'm not sure yet. I do really like it but I also really like Durham and St Andrews. Would it be yours?

Yeah my school takes ages to do anything hahaha. I applied to all Scottish unis (free tuition fees :awesome: ) edinburgh, glasgow, strathclyde, st andrews and aberdeen. I think my first choice is either going to be edinburgh or glasgow although I'm still to visit st andrews but if its anything like I heard(small town, nothing to do, posh) perhaps not since I would prefer a bigger city. Did you apply for straight Chemistry at the other unis or something like Chemistry with medicinal chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great university choices :wink: Oxford is the dream - I'm applying to Christ Church. Which college are you applying to?
I did like Edinburgh as a city, although I preferred the courses at Durham and Bristol to be honest! But (as a frugal Londoner) the extortinate train fares are what really put me off going to Durham or Edinburgh!:tongue:
Well done on your offer from Bristol! What's your fifth option?

Yeah Oxford is amazing! I have so much to do to prepare though. I'm applying to Brasenose! I was going to apply to Christ Church though. I loved the city of Edinburgh, my main decisions were based on a nice/fairly big city so Edinburgh and Bristol fitted into that (I don't want to be somewhere too small because I'm too used to London!) Yeah that's true about the train fairs, but I was more put off by how small Durham is, and the whole idea of that University bubble you probably wouldn't get as much in a bigger city. My fifth option is Manchester, for English and Spanish, but it's not my favourite! :smile:
Reply 175
History (V100)

Sent offer and had it acknowledged and now to wait...
hi everyone!:smile:
applying for French and Linguistics!
Also applying to Cambridge, Durham, Leeds and Newcastle.
Received a conditional offer from Leeds:biggrin:
Hi, I'm applying for Business Management and currently studying Business, Sociology and English Language. Still in the middle of applying but really hope I get an offer.

Also applying to Newcastle, Heriot Watt, York and Aberdeen :smile:
Hi everyone! I was just received an unconditional offer to Edinburgh's Urban Strategies and Design MSc. Half of the program is through Heriot Watt University - could anyone tell me how close it is to the University of Edinburgh? Would it be easy to travel between the two campuses? Can I use public transportation to get to Heriot Watt?

Thanks! Cheers!
Original post by savannahre
Hi everyone! I was just received an unconditional offer to Edinburgh's Urban Strategies and Design MSc. Half of the program is through Heriot Watt University - could anyone tell me how close it is to the University of Edinburgh? Would it be easy to travel between the two campuses? Can I use public transportation to get to Heriot Watt?

Thanks! Cheers!

By bus it takes around 50 mins due to all the stops and route it goes. It's around 7 miles in the car!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending