The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

rejection from edinburgh for undergrad in business mgm

I was rejected by the University of Edinburgh just 12 days after submitting my application. I've heard that they have limited spots for non-Scottish applicants and primarily consider predicted scores. I submitted my predicted scores in a PDF format right after applying, but the very next day, I received a rejection. It's disheartening i (t was kind of my dream uni i did 2 duke of edinburgh treks here in india), and I'm unsure whether it was due to my personal statement, which focused heavily on industrial organization despite applying for business management, or if it's because I applied on the deadline day, potentially when they had already filled their quota and didn't want to entertain any more applications, given they receive around 75,000 applications annually. I worry this rejection may affect my chances at my other choices: St. Andrews, Manchester, Warwick, and Bath. I've been waiting for 24 days with those universities, and they seem to be taking their time.
Reply 1
Original post by ankxx
I was rejected by the University of Edinburgh just 12 days after submitting my application. I've heard that they have limited spots for non-Scottish applicants and primarily consider predicted scores. I submitted my predicted scores in a PDF format right after applying, but the very next day, I received a rejection. It's disheartening i (t was kind of my dream uni i did 2 duke of edinburgh treks here in india), and I'm unsure whether it was due to my personal statement, which focused heavily on industrial organization despite applying for business management, or if it's because I applied on the deadline day, potentially when they had already filled their quota and didn't want to entertain any more applications, given they receive around 75,000 applications annually. I worry this rejection may affect my chances at my other choices: St. Andrews, Manchester, Warwick, and Bath. I've been waiting for 24 days with those universities, and they seem to be taking their time.

I’m sorry to hear this - it can be really disheartening when you don’t get into your dream uni and I can relate to how you feel. However, all of your other unis are also strong options and I’m sure you’ll have a great time wherever you end up! In terms of the reasoning, I know that all applications which are received before the deadline are considered equally, no matter how close to the deadline it is. This should therefore have no affect on your other applications. If you are really curious about the reasoning for the rejection, have you considered contacting Edinburgh about it? I’ve seen a few other people saying they’ve done this and have received explanations. Best of luck with your other applications!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by ankxx
Universities in Scotland have limited places for Scottish students due to the funding model. They actually rely on international students!

Edinburgh is probably the hardest Uni to get into after with St Andrews in Scotland so likely your current grades didn’t meet the competitive entry requirements. As someone else said, contact the admissions team and ask if they can provide an explanation.

Good luck with your other choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending