University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mollypeta
Congrats!! Are you a scottish student?

Thanks! I'm european
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Does anyone know if edinburgh often lowers your conditions after giving them for politics. I have a few friends that this has happened to but not that do politics
Does it make a difference when I apply for accommodation? Just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1783
Any offers for English and French?
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
Does it make a difference when I apply for accommodation? Just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the way they allocate accommodation means your not disadvantaged if you apply for accommodation later. As long as it's before the deadline
Original post by UPSDGoat
No, the way they allocate accommodation means your not disadvantaged if you apply for accommodation later. As long as it's before the deadline

Okay that's great thank you! Just worried I had to rush my decision on what offer I was accepting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a conditional offer for French and Spanish but I'm a bit concerned at how high the offer is; A*AB. I wasn't aware they could specify A*s? Has anyone else had offers this high? I've heard of people on very similar courses with much lower offers.
Is it maybe because those are my predicted grades?
I'm unsure whether to firm Edinburgh now at all because a requested A* is quite daunting :frown:
Scottish student here - received an unconditional offer to study Business Management earlier today!
Original post by DanielMcC
Scottish student here - received an unconditional offer to study Business Management earlier today!

Congrats!
Original post by jessicahamilton
Got a conditional offer for French and Spanish but I'm a bit concerned at how high the offer is; A*AB. I wasn't aware they could specify A*s? Has anyone else had offers this high? I've heard of people on very similar courses with much lower offers.
Is it maybe because those are my predicted grades?
I'm unsure whether to firm Edinburgh now at all because a requested A* is quite daunting :frown:

I got an A*AA offer from Glasgow (English lit and language), it's way too high for me so I'm going to reject the offer. Hoping the others will give me a lower offer, still waiting for the other 4 universities to get back to me!
Has anyone received offers for any biomedical sciences, neuroscience in particular?? The wait is killing me 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hatau24
Soooo... History and Politics, anyone waiting? Sent my app in November heard nothing since.

I'm still waiting for History and Politics too, I applied in October!
Original post by Emmaeliza96
I'm still waiting for History and Politics too, I applied in October!

I am also still waiting for History and Politics :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robie96
I am also still waiting for History and Politics :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its so stressful isn't it haha! Especially if you plan on firming like me :frown: I have no idea what offer there going to give either, Edinburgh seem pretty inconsistent with what they give.
I'm such an idiot; I thought I was eligible for SAAS funding but it turns out I'm not (because I'm an EU student who's lived in the UK since 2008)... If I do get an offer then I'm most likely going to reject it.
Original post by orlrighty
Congrats!

Thank you!:smile:
Original post by Emmaeliza96
Its so stressful isn't it haha! Especially if you plan on firming like me :frown: I have no idea what offer there going to give either, Edinburgh seem pretty inconsistent with what they give.

Noticed that as well... But I am an EU applicant (Luxembourg), and on their website they say that they require 45 out of 60 so I hope they won't ask for more or reject me haha I also plan on firming Edinburgh, I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer today for primary education with history BBB. Anyone else hear back? :smile:
Original post by Anna-22
Got an offer today for primary education with history BBB. Anyone else hear back? :smile:

Hi there. I was at my interview on 19th February for primary ed with history I'm patiently waiting to hear back. When was your interview? I am SWAP student so not sure if that makes a difference to anything or if they just tell us when they have got through all the applications. Congratulations.
Original post by LaydeeStardust
Hi there. I was at my interview on 19th February for primary ed with history I'm patiently waiting to hear back. When was your interview? I am SWAP student so not sure if that makes a difference to anything or if they just tell us when they have got through all the applications. Congratulations.

Mine was on the 18th feb! So maybe wait a day or two? I doubt it would put them off you but at the same time I don't see it speeding the process? We were told 2-3 weeks and I heard today which is exactly 2 weeks later. So hopefully you will hear tomorrow? If it gets to 3 weeks then definitely email them! Thank you and all the best:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending