The Student Room Group

Social work 2015

Scroll to see replies

Just had an offer from ARU Chelmsford. Still waiting to hear from UCS. Is going to either of these?!
Has anybody had an offer for Brighton uni?? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mrsrogers
Just had an offer from ARU Chelmsford. Still waiting to hear from UCS. Is going to either of these?!

Hi, congratulations on your offer. I have received offers from Both ARU, UCS (and City College Norwich), I personally preferred UCS over the other 2 which will be my 1st choice if I do not manage to secure a place at UEA.
Take care
Meeeee :smile:
Original post by hippo1975
Hi, congratulations on your offer. I have received offers from Both ARU, UCS (and City College Norwich), I personally preferred UCS over the other 2 which will be my 1st choice if I do not manage to secure a place at UEA.
Take care

Yes I loved UCS too. It's further for me to travel since I can't move so it's going to be a hard choice if ucs do offer me a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I loved UCS too. It's further for me to travel since I can't move so it's going to be a hard choice if ucs do offer me a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will be travelling from Norfolk so a little bit of a trek for me lol.. I can't move either as married with 2 girls, it will all be worth it in the end x
Original post by hippo1975
I will be travelling from Norfolk so a little bit of a trek for me lol.. I can't move either as married with 2 girls, it will all be worth it in the end x

I'm married with two girls as well! I agree it will def be worth it. You can get a placement closer to home in years 2 and 3 too x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm married with two girls as well! I agree it will def be worth it. You can get a placement closer to home in years 2 and 3 too x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same situation then lol. Oh it's completely durable plus in the first year it's only 3/4 days on campus so will probably use the train etc, placements will hopefully be the top end of Suffolk closer to the border with Norfolk, so all should be okay, I'm really excited to start now.. Sent off my student finance etc yesterday so all feels abt more real now! Hopefully you hear back soon, when was your interview?.
Anyone here applied to Bath, Birmingham, Birmingham City or UWE? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mmmichelleeee
Would like to ask when did you had your interview at Bath

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview at bath on the 25th, do you? :biggrin: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
How was your interview at uel? I have got mine 19th. I am so anxious. How did it go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard anything from Scottish Uni's?

The anticipation is crazy!!
Reply 192
Hi i am also a mature student and have been offered a place doing social work at Anglia Ruskin and university of Hertfordshire. Has anyone else got offers. Also can't decide where to go
Reply 193
Hi Roxyeco I have an interview with the University of Hertfordshire on 24 March. I heard it's a great uni for social work. Do you mind me asking but was the interview process hard, did they ask complex questions or were they laid back.

Thanks in advance
Reply 194
Original post by renbel
Hi Roxyeco I have an interview with the University of Hertfordshire on 24 March. I heard it's a great uni for social work. Do you mind me asking but was the interview process hard, did they ask complex questions or were they laid back.

Thanks in advance

hi renbel

it was pretty straightforward interview no tricky questions just about your experience and skills.
Reply 195
Thanks a mil, I feel a lot better now. Not sure if I can do this though, I heard it's a full time course mon to fri 9 to 5 and I'm married with four children, but really want to come to this uni.

Oh well, let me see how my interview goes first and take it from there.

Thanks again
Reply 196
In the first year it's only 2 days at uni. They told me they would probably be long days as that what seems to work best for everyone especially those with childcare commitments.
Reply 197
Is that right? I was going to use this as one of my questions if I get through to the final stage of interview, with regards to your outcome did they get back to you rather quickly, no more questions after this I promise. I am sure you are busy. lool
Reply 198
Now THAT would be most helpful. Thank you I am new to this as I haven't studied for years. This is my first attempt at degree level.
Hi Renbel, would you like me to send over a list of the most commonly asked interview questions so you can begin your preparation?

Quick Reply

Latest