The Student Room Group

No more finance

I have used all my years up of full time study for tuition and maintenance. Including compelling personal reasons. I have experienced complete chaos and trauma such as death, illness and domestic abuse since 2015.

The course I need to study is not available part time and I can’t self fund. Any advice on what I can do further? Thank you
Original post by gigi2018
I have used all my years up of full time study for tuition and maintenance. Including compelling personal reasons. I have experienced complete chaos and trauma such as death, illness and domestic abuse since 2015.

The course I need to study is not available part time and I can’t self fund. Any advice on what I can do further? Thank you

Hi there, Have you gained a qualification from your previous study? Thanks, Angela

Hi Gigi,

How many years is the course and how many years have you previously studied? Can you also confirm how many years you've used for CPR? Thanks, Jason
Reply 3
Hi. I achieved a certHE. The years are 6 years including CPR.
Thanks. What is the name of the course you're looking to study and is it an undergraduate degree? Thanks, Jason
Reply 5
Original post by SFE Jason
Thanks. What is the name of the course you're looking to study and is it an undergraduate degree? Thanks, Jason

It’s an undergraduate degree in social work
It’s an undergraduate degree in social work

Hi there, Social Work is an exception course exempt from Previous Study. Thanks, Angela
Reply 7
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Social Work is an exception course exempt from Previous Study. Thanks, Angela

Does that include both tuition and maintenance
Just to ensure eligibility on the course. What is the name of the university and full course name? Thanks, Jason
Reply 9
Original post by SFE Jason
Just to ensure eligibility on the course. What is the name of the university and full course name? Thanks, Jason

Hi. There are 2 potential courses the
BsC Social Work at Manchester Metropolitan Uni
Or
FdA Children young people and their families at university centre Oldham
Reply 10
The fdA is part time
The fdA is part time

Hi there,

Social Work is an exception course but it would only be for Maintenance Loan as well as supplementary grants and/or DSA where applicable. I would suggest speaking to your university who may know of alternative funding options.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 12
FdA Children young people and their families at University Campus Oldham, can I enquire about this one please
FdA Children young people and their families at University Campus Oldham, can I enquire about this one please

This isn't showing as an exception course.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 14
Can I just double check, as I have spoken to my previous university and I havent actually obtained a qualification at all. Would these courses still not be funded part time?
Can I just double check, as I have spoken to my previous university and I havent actually obtained a qualification at all. Would these courses still not be funded part time?
Hi there,

If you haven't obtained a qualification then you can be assessed for the funding for the new course if this is part time. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending