Why the **** are Kazakhstan in Euro championship qualifying????

Watch
billydisco
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
It doesnt have a border remotely close to Europe???????
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Coz Borat wanted it that way :borat:
bittr n swt
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Coz yolo

Posted from TSR Mobile
blackened_sky
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They're a member of UEFA. Part of its territory is in Europe. They are ex-soviet.

Google has all the answers you know.
Phantom Lord
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A tiny bit of it is in Europe.
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Money.
FATchristopher
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Forget Kazakstan what about Israel?! In what way do they qualify as a European country
billydisco
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by FATchristopher)
Forget Kazakstan what about Israel?! In what way do they qualify as a European country
Israel is near Cyprus and Greece? Kazakhstan isn't.
Reform
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by billydisco)
It doesnt have a border remotely close to Europe???????

(Original post by Multitalented me)
Coz Borat wanted it that way :borat:
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Soviet Union.

That and they're just like Turkey, with part of the country being in Europe and another part in Asia.

(Original post by FATchristopher)
That is for political reasons.
FATchristopher
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by billydisco)
Israel is near Cyprus and Greece? Kazakhstan isn't.
Oh yeah didnt realise just how far kazakh were!
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Get them in a pre-qualifying group with **** like Gibraltar, San Marino, Liechtenstein, Azerbaijan, Andorra, Macedonia etc.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
billydisco angry about life as usual

Maybe there should be an In/Out referendum, should England be part of UEFA or get our sovereignty back?

Why not pull out of the European Championships and create a Commonwealth championships where England could compete against India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea? I bet we would be more successful and would get some PRIDE back in the three lions, something that we won't get any time soon with the FA elite taking their orders from UEFA.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
Why not pull out of the European Championships and create a Commonwealth championships where England could compete against India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea? I bet we would be more successful and would get some PRIDE back in the three lions, something that we won't get any time soon with the FA elite taking their orders from UEFA.
Nah, we'd still lose to Australia just like every other sport.
beautifulbigmacs
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Omg didn't know it was actually a real country!
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Member of UEFA. Partly geographically in Europe. More than you can say for Cyprus and Israel.

Australia is a member of AFC despite having absolutely none of its territory in Asia.
cBay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know it's within their rights to be a UEFA member, but surely Kazakhstan would have a much better chance of qualifying for WC's if they were in the Asian qualifiers? I don't see what they gain by being cannon fodder in Europe. And lets be serious here, very little of it can be considered part of Europe, the country stretches halfway across Asia. I know Russia is also mostly Asian, but at least their capital and most of their population is in Europe.

Australia is a different situation. They joined the Asian federation simply because they were so vastly superior to every other Oceania country therefore qualification was essentially pointless.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Nah, we'd still lose to Australia just like every other sport.
As we did at Football when Sven was England manager.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rockrunride)
Member of UEFA. Partly geographically in Europe. More than you can say for Cyprus and Israel.

Australia is a member of AFC despite having absolutely none of its territory in Asia.
You can understand why the Aussies moved though. They had no competition in qualifying, so they'd end up having to play the 5th placed side from South America, a game which they'd normally lose because they weren't used to having any competitive fixtures.
Marco1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For the same reason they're in the Eurovision Song Contest perhaps? All that is European is being diluted and sold down the river. Why the hell is Turkey joining the European Union if they are not European? Nothing is sacred, just lies, money and politics. It's beyond a joke. Either change the name of the championship or kick them out. Make up their ****ing mind whoever the sleazebags are that control the EURO championship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (24)
17.65%
I'm not sure (3)
2.21%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (45)
33.09%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.21%
I'm not a current university student (61)
44.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise