The Student Room Group

Why the **** are Kazakhstan in Euro championship qualifying????

It doesnt have a border remotely close to Europe???????

Scroll to see replies

Coz Borat wanted it that way :borat:
They're a member of UEFA. Part of its territory is in Europe. They are ex-soviet.

Google has all the answers you know.
A tiny bit of it is in Europe.
Reply 5
Money.
Forget Kazakstan what about Israel?! In what way do they qualify as a European country
Reply 7
Original post by FATchristopher
Forget Kazakstan what about Israel?! In what way do they qualify as a European country

Israel is near Cyprus and Greece? Kazakhstan isn't.
Reply 8
Original post by billydisco
It doesnt have a border remotely close to Europe???????

Original post by Multitalented me
Coz Borat wanted it that way :borat:

[video="youtube;UKjk7yu6Sqo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjk7yu6Sqo[/video]
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Soviet Union.

That and they're just like Turkey, with part of the country being in Europe and another part in Asia.

Original post by FATchristopher

That is for political reasons.
Original post by billydisco
Israel is near Cyprus and Greece? Kazakhstan isn't.

Oh yeah didnt realise just how far kazakh were!
Reply 11
Get them in a pre-qualifying group with **** like Gibraltar, San Marino, Liechtenstein, Azerbaijan, Andorra, Macedonia etc.
billydisco angry about life as usual

Maybe there should be an In/Out referendum, should England be part of UEFA or get our sovereignty back?

Why not pull out of the European Championships and create a Commonwealth championships where England could compete against India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea? I bet we would be more successful and would get some PRIDE back in the three lions, something that we won't get any time soon with the FA elite taking their orders from UEFA.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Why not pull out of the European Championships and create a Commonwealth championships where England could compete against India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea? I bet we would be more successful and would get some PRIDE back in the three lions, something that we won't get any time soon with the FA elite taking their orders from UEFA.

Nah, we'd still lose to Australia just like every other sport.
Omg didn't know it was actually a real country!
Member of UEFA. Partly geographically in Europe. More than you can say for Cyprus and Israel.

Australia is a member of AFC despite having absolutely none of its territory in Asia.
Reply 16
I know it's within their rights to be a UEFA member, but surely Kazakhstan would have a much better chance of qualifying for WC's if they were in the Asian qualifiers? I don't see what they gain by being cannon fodder in Europe. And lets be serious here, very little of it can be considered part of Europe, the country stretches halfway across Asia. I know Russia is also mostly Asian, but at least their capital and most of their population is in Europe.

Australia is a different situation. They joined the Asian federation simply because they were so vastly superior to every other Oceania country therefore qualification was essentially pointless.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Nah, we'd still lose to Australia just like every other sport.

As we did at Football when Sven was England manager.
Original post by rockrunride
Member of UEFA. Partly geographically in Europe. More than you can say for Cyprus and Israel.

Australia is a member of AFC despite having absolutely none of its territory in Asia.

You can understand why the Aussies moved though. They had no competition in qualifying, so they'd end up having to play the 5th placed side from South America, a game which they'd normally lose because they weren't used to having any competitive fixtures.
Reply 19
For the same reason they're in the Eurovision Song Contest perhaps? All that is European is being diluted and sold down the river. Why the hell is Turkey joining the European Union if they are not European? Nothing is sacred, just lies, money and politics. It's beyond a joke. Either change the name of the championship or kick them out. Make up their ****ing mind whoever the sleazebags are that control the EURO championship.

Quick Reply

Latest