The Student Room Group

History EE (ASAP)

kk got some questions cos my EE is due in on friday tahts 2mr as of now :p: neway i was wandering i there were any history guys/guyesses who would be able to answer a couple of quick questions as i think of them ok:

1) in my EE as i have stated my argument ie i believe x was the most important factor, in my abstract, is it necessary to restate it again in my intro or is it ok (as i have done) to leave it to my conclusion to state which factor i thought was most important overal?

2) how much source reliability crap do you need in these history essays

3) shoudl i integrate the question into the general body of text in my abstract?

lol much thanx +rep to all u now rep hungry minions :p: who can give me useful info lol :biggrin:
in your intro you have to state the conclusion you reached. in your abstract you also have to state the conclusion you reached from your essay. same with your conclusion. i know, it's a pain repeating the same thing about 3 times. I seriously felt like I was repeating myself when I wrote my abstract. the abstract is supposed to be a "synopsis" of the essay - however you understand that, but I think it needs to include both the essay question explained and the conclusions reached.

yes you should explain a bit about the question in your abstract. the abstract is a pain because either you write a whole load for it and write too much (the general limit for abstract is 300 words I think) or you have no idea what to write. but I can't really say I know what to write in a history EE abstract since I did my EE in A1.

as for source reliability, I think you would need to refer a lot to the sources and say their ole OPVL - origin, purpose, value and limitation. sounds the logical thing to do...

again, I didn't do a history EE.
Reply 2
HMS could i PM u my intro, to see what u tink> it would be much appreciated ? if u would loook at it, and i cant rem if repped u already, if i haven't i wil if i have....ul have to wait till i 've repped 20 otehr pple...but i will return :biggrin:
yeah sure...send away.
Reply 4
In your intro you need to state your question and all the factors you will be considering. It is also good if you state why it is wortwhile studying the question you have chosen.

You need sources, and most of all, you need primary sources.

I dont really understand your third question, but in your abstract you need to state your question, state your factors, state what sources youve used, and finally, state your conclusion.
Reply 5
by a primary source, say for example i have a quote of something Stalin said, but its taken from a book that is a secondary source, does that count as a primary source. or a newspaper article quote does taht count? even if its froma book as opposed to from the original source?
Reply 6
i dont think that quotes that are taken from a book are primary sources. Primary sources are newspapers, documents, and stuff like that.
Reply 7
for the resource reliability etc crap u actually have to do a lot.....definitly use primary as well as secondary source. In my essay I wrote l;ike one whole pae on this nazi speech evaluating it in contrast to this article from a newspaper....u actually have to write a lot on the sources because the criteria says smthing like : refers explicitly to sources in detail with specific examples
Reply 8
yeah this is what annoyed me about my teacher, he's a doctor of history so he's prob right but like lodas of the stuff i did evaluating sources he really didnt like lol oh well its due 2mr :p: just got to get the stupid word count down

Latest

Trending

Trending