The Student Room Group

Predicted grades

I don't actually know my predicted grades but i'm guessing based on my AS grades and my sch is being a little harsh with predictions this yr. I got A for maths C for chemistry and D for further maths( i've only actually sat FP1 and S1 and i got D and E so im guessing my prediction will be a C since we can say that taking the average itll be a D overall) the thing is i know that i can truly achieve so much better than this and i broke down in fp1 and s1, idk what happened and i messed up. Im being realistic with myself i mean theres no point lying to myself and aiming too high but honestly i know that ive got the potential to do it. im so scared though, what if i dont get any offers, what if even if my personal statement is amazinf the uni wont even consider me with a predicted of ABC which is terrrible. im going to try oush it to ABB, bc i mean my further maths teacher was surprised with my grade too he thought id be one of the ones in class to get an A and i truly did feel prepped for that exam.i dont know how to feel???? do i have a chance of getting considerdd by good unis (russell gp) could someone please give me some advice, someone whos been in a similar situation and has ended up getting better grades and at a top uni, i dont care too much about the course youve done even tho maths would be great. thanks in advance
Reply 1
I got ABBC (French, Maths, Biology, Chemistry respectively). My predictions are A*AAB and I'm applying to pharmacy this year with requirements of AAB-ABB.
I had a real struggle for my maths teacher to predict me an A eventhough I had a solid B. My excuse was that my university offer depends on it (which is doesn't but I had to make myself seem desperate for that A), my school are too being very harsh with predicted grades. I think you need to talk with your teachers seriously and come up with 'excuses' e.g. my offer depends on this grade, it's my loss not yours if I don't get it, I know I can achieve it, I'll bring you my work every lesson to show you what extra things I've done etc etc.
What course are you applying to, and to what universities?
I know someone who got a low B at AS for maths who came to my school, and he begged and pleaded for an A because his universities also required AAB, they really did doubt his abilities but after giving it to him and him getting offers for pharmacy, he was really motivated, retook 2 maths exams and came out with an A* in maths.
So it is possible but you need to talk with your teachers and put the effort in yourself to actually get the grades I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest