The Student Room Group

2015 Asset Management / Trading Graduate Programs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BillGross
Cheers!

I got an invite today for telephone interview with Fidelity.

You hear anything?

Not yet, but I think my application wasn't great and I sent it quite late. I did get my Blackrock test though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TkTk
Not yet, but I think my application wasn't great and I sent it quite late. I did get my Blackrock test though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that's good news anyway! I'm yet to hear from Blackrock.

Do you by any chance know which month the Blackrock programme normally starts?
Had Fidelity tel interview last week- in the email they said that the ACs are on 11th and 13th November and that if successful we wouldn't get a lot of notice- only about 10 days or so away
Reply 23

Good news, but not great, it may go nowhere... Sounds like my time is running out for Fidelity :/

I think it starts mid-June. Well, summer interns do at least. I suspect grads closer to October?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by matt20140
Had Fidelity tel interview last week- in the email they said that the ACs are on 11th and 13th November and that if successful we wouldn't get a lot of notice- only about 10 days or so away

Interview for investment? When did you apply? I think I'm screwed... Well done man and good luck for AC news

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TkTk
Interview for investment? When did you apply? I think I'm screwed... Well done man and good luck for AC news

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was for equity research. I applied at end of September- I don't think you are screwed as I though all tel interviews were this week and that next week they would get back to us- the fact that they are now doing more interviews next week might mean that the first bunch weren't good enough so don't despair yet! Have you interviews anywhere else? Had HSBC and am still waiting on JPM, GS and BOAML but I'm assuming they are all done anyway
Reply 26
It was for equity research. I applied at end of September- I don't think you are screwed as I though all tel interviews were this week and that next week they would get back to us- the fact that they are now doing more interviews next week might mean that the first bunch weren't good enough so don't despair yet! Have you interviews anywhere else? Had HSBC and am still waiting on JPM, GS and BOAML but I'm assuming they are all done anyway

Maybe you're right :/ Was the telephone interview technical out of interest? I've had an HSBC interview like you, and video interviews with Schroders/M&G. Waiting on JPM, GS, MAN, Aberdeen and some others...
Original post by TkTk
Maybe you're right :/ Was the telephone interview technical out of interest? I've had an HSBC interview like you, and video interviews with Schroders/M&G. Waiting on JPM, GS, MAN, Aberdeen and some others...

Did you get the email from HSBC that they would let us know about ACs in 'the coming weeks'? It wasn't technical at all- just a friendly conversation for about 15 minutes. I think JPM have already conducted phone interviews now so not sure why we haven't been told we haven't been successful or whether we are on a waiting list- my app has been under review for about a week now- I would assume all invites are sent in one go, although this doesn't seem to have happened with Fidelity. GS is a different world so not holding out any hope!

Wow, that's a lot sooner than I thought!

How did your Fidelity interview go? Have you heard anything back yet?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what was the interview like? Just a few motivation/competency questions or more specific equity stuff?
Cheers!
Wow, that's a lot sooner than I thought!

How did your Fidelity interview go? Have you heard anything back yet?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what was the interview like? Just a few motivation/competency questions or more specific equity stuff?
Cheers!

Interview was fine- just a normal conversation really! The standard competency questions were asked- no brainteasers or any strange questions.
Haven't heard anything back yet but she said she would get back to me in a few days on Wed, so I would expect to hear something at the beginning of next week- also the first AC is a week on Tues so I'm assuming they will be in touch early next week. Was told I didn't meet minimum requirements at Blackrock so I guess that told me!
Reply 30
Did you get the email from HSBC that they would let us know about ACs in 'the coming weeks'? It wasn't technical at all- just a friendly conversation for about 15 minutes. I think JPM have already conducted phone interviews now so not sure why we haven't been told we haven't been successful or whether we are on a waiting list- my app has been under review for about a week now- I would assume all invites are sent in one go, although this doesn't seem to have happened with Fidelity. GS is a different world so not holding out any hope!

Yes I did, I was told at the end of the phone interview that they really weren't sure when the AC would be, even though it would be November. So I wasn't surprised to hear they still had a lot to deal with :smile:

I've pretty much given up on JPM/GS... I'm currently trying to figure out what to do if I don't actually land a graduate program....
Reply 31
Original post by spoli21
I did Investments, question set 4. But don't expect a quick reply. I did my digital interview in the first week of September and still haven't heard back.

I'm doing my digital interview tomorrow morning, I was wondering if the camera keeps recording you during the 30 second preparation for each question?
Original post by NPOC
I'm doing my digital interview tomorrow morning, I was wondering if the camera keeps recording you during the 30 second preparation for each question?

No, it doesn't.
Reply 33
No, it doesn't.

If it did I'd be screwed haha... Hope we get some good news this week :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by TkTk
If it did I'd be screwed haha... Hope we get some good news this week :smile:

Glad it doesn't, thanks. Good luck with hearing back from them.
Reply 35

BlackRock analysts have training in New York around mid-August, while the graduate program starts in September.

Also, for those interested, M&G Investments started f2f intws today for grad.
Reply 36
Original post by sertur91
BlackRock analysts have training in New York around mid-August, while the graduate program starts in September.

Do you know when M&G Investments starts f2f intws for interns?
Reply 37

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sigh. Looks like game over for me then, no news back...

Thanks for this!

Do you know if M&G stagger f2f invites or do they tend to send them all at once? I guess its a bad sign that I haven't heard anything yet...

Do you know when the grad ACs will begin for M&G?
Reply 39
Video Interview for Technology & Change Graduate Program 2015!

Hi Guys

I have a video interview for Technology graduate program within Schroders in next week. I so appreciate it if someone could help me with questions they might be asked for Technology Graduate Program??!!

I thank you so much in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending