The Student Room Group

OCR F581 Markets in Action - 11 May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by jamesnicholson9
I guarantee you that XED will be on it. They haven't asked it in so long.

its PED this year
Original post by aoxa
It really can't. Provision of information is always used in conjunction with some other policy - it doesn't work effectively on it's own. Therefore, they cannot give an 18 marker based solely of provision of information.

state provision came up in jan 2010. Though that isn't a good premise in argument for info prov. coming up it still shows obscure market solutions may come up.
Reply 982
Last years f581 paper was a disgrace for OCR, who had to lower the grade boundaries by 7 marks because they made a ridiculous paper
this year it is much easier, so expect the grade boundaries to be back at 48/49
Original post by BigFreakyGinger
state provision came up in jan 2010. Though that isn't a good premise in argument for info prov. coming up it still shows obscure market solutions may come up.

That was a very tricky one, yes, but examiners have specified that info prov cannot at all come up by itself
Original post by jegro
Last years f581 paper was a disgrace for OCR, who had to lower the grade boundaries by 7 marks because they made a ridiculous paper

Thank you for sooooo much your information - I've decided to just revise the topics you've said will come up as that's the best course of action to take. Thanks again! Absolute lifesaver
Reply 985

State provision isn't obscure?

My point was is that provision of information cannot come up on it's own in an 18 marker. It can come up with other policies, but not on it's own.
Original post by jegro

urm.. no??? in 2013 grade boundaries were 44 for A and 2012 was 43 so not really mate
Reply 987
the marking was very harsh last year, so a lot of marks got dropped which was reviewed heavily and wont occur this year
Original post by aoxa
State provision isn't obscure?

My point was is that provision of information cannot come up on it's own in an 18 marker. It can come up with other policies, but not on it's own.

It is reasonably obscure, I mean it doesn't even have a graph. Because how would you show 'free at the point of use' on a graph with a price axis.
Can we stop arguing? Not helping anyone with their revision which is what this thread is for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 990
Original post by MrJwal1
urm.. no??? in 2013 grade boundaries were 44 for A and 2012 was 43 so not really mate

the grade boundaries are meant to be 48 for an A
2013 and 2012 only a small percentage scored 42 and above
It is reasonably obscure, I mean it doesn't even have a graph. Because how would you show 'free at the point of use' on a graph with a price axis.

The graph you were supposed to show was that of a merit good
Original post by jegro
the grade boundaries are meant to be 48 for an A
2013 and 2012 only a small percentage scored 42 and above

so? cause one year it was 49 for an A in 2011 doesn't mean it is meant be there, you are clueless and trying to mug us all off, so obvious...
Reply 993

Fair enough, but it is a good solution for positive externalities (which, if you wanted to speculate, haven't come up in a long time)

You could always do a D/S diagram with a right shift in demand if you really wanted a diagram.
Reply 994
Original post by MrJwal1
so? cause one year it was 49 for an A in 2011 doesn't mean it is meant be there, you are clueless and trying to mug us all off, so obvious...

far from clueless .. lol.. dont take my advice then..
Original post by midgemeister7
The graph you were supposed to show was that of a merit good

I don't understand. If the merit good was health care or education then the equilibrium would have to be on the quantity traded axis as there would be no price?? surely? Though there would be a finite limit to supply.
Reply 996
Are you taking the exam this year jegro?
Original post by jegro
far from clueless .. lol.. dont take my advice then..

maybe not, so if you're legit, how come you know the questions?
Guys just to clear this up:

Do NOT ever entirely trust predictions. This is a recipe for a fail, clear and straight.

You'll hear 10 people giving 100 different predictions. That's not even remotely trustworthy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 999
Original post by Pato1
Are you taking the exam this year jegro?

nope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending