Implant question - is this normal Watch

littledolly
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I posted this in sexual health but it got no response.

I got the implant on Tuesday and I took the bandages off today as they were itching like crazy!!

I can feel the implant no problem but it looks as though the nurse has fitted it rather low in my arm (almost underneath but not quite?) is this normal?? Where is your implant if you have one?

Please note I'm kind of a paranoid fault picking fanny and I always stress over nothing! Just want my mind putting at ease! I've inserted a couple of pictures.

Attached files
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mine is placed in a similar area, it's normal I remember it being a bit itchy when it was first done but it should fade :yep: though for the first month you might be a bit irritable and have mood swings etc :3
littledolly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
Mine is placed in a similar area, it's normal I remember it being a bit itchy when it was first done but it should fade :yep: though for the first month you might be a bit irritable and have mood swings etc :3
Thank you! It just seems like everyone has theirs placed differently and I can feel it from the back of my arm. I'm slightly annoyed that it's in such a funny place. Yeah mine is so itchy and really sore! What us girls put up with haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by littledolly)
Thank you! It just seems like everyone has theirs placed differently and I can feel it from the back of my arm. I'm slightly annoyed that it's in such a funny place. Yeah mine is so itchy and really sore! What us girls put up with haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you feel that it's been placed oddly or incorrectly then I'd go back and have it checked tbh. Was so glad my GP actually fitted mine! Haha it's worth it tbh, but the occasional random periods can be very very annoying - I'd advise always having a pad or something in your bag just incase!
littledolly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
If you feel that it's been placed oddly or incorrectly then I'd go back and have it checked tbh. Was so glad my GP actually fitted mine! Haha it's worth it tbh, but the occasional random periods can be very very annoying - I'd advise always having a pad or something in your bag just incase!
Do you think it looks okay? I'm just such a worrier! The nurse practitioner fitted mine and she made me feel to check it was in place. I only have little skinny arms 😳 ohh dear I've seen no blood yet but I'm not gonna travel anywhere without panty liners!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by littledolly)
Do you think it looks okay? I'm just such a worrier! The nurse practitioner fitted mine and she made me feel to check it was in place. I only have little skinny arms 😳 ohh dear I've seen no blood yet but I'm not gonna travel anywhere without panty liners!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It looks okay to me! Like underneath the arm? And yeah I went 6 months period free then had one and was so annoyed haha :lol: so deffo have them handy ^,^
orangem00ns
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It seems to be in the same kind of area I had mine done, unless you definitely feel uncomfortable with it or it's causing you pain (which it shouldn't be) - no need to panic haha!

I got my implant removed after about 7 months due to a CONSTANT PERIOD...yep, a period which lasted for 7 months LOL. So I was rather upset as the pros of the implant were so amazing, and all of my friends had such an easy time on it 😔

Just goes to show that every person is different I guess, but yeah, it looks normal to me! Best of luck with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.05%
No - but I will (46)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed