The Student Room Group

Hello! I'm not not sure if this is the right place to ask this but i need help asap.

Me and my girfriend had sex when we assume she was ovulating. We didn't know that and yeah i know we were irresponsable for this. We used a condom and i followed all the steps so that it could be effective and we even used lube. I didn't ejaculate in the condom and pulled out so i can finish outside the vagina to reduce the risk of pregnancy. The problem is that when i went to the bathroom to check for holes in the condom there was was a very small hole above the tip of the condom ( close to the base of the condom). We are really anxious about the idea of her getting pregnant because of any precum. She also took the morning pill but i read that it's not really effective during ovulation. Please tell me what are the chances of her getting pregnant because of this? We are really scared.
Original post by Annonymous2351
Me and my girfriend had sex when we assume she was ovulating. We didn't know that and yeah i know we were irresponsable for this. We used a condom and i followed all the steps so that it could be effective and we even used lube. I didn't ejaculate in the condom and pulled out so i can finish outside the vagina to reduce the risk of pregnancy. The problem is that when i went to the bathroom to check for holes in the condom there was was a very small hole above the tip of the condom ( close to the base of the condom). We are really anxious about the idea of her getting pregnant because of any precum. She also took the morning pill but i read that it's not really effective during ovulation. Please tell me what are the chances of her getting pregnant because of this? We are really scared.

If your description is accurate, the chances of her being pregnant are vanishingly small. Take a test after the appropriate number of days to be certain.
Original post by ageshallnot
If your description is accurate, the chances of her being pregnant are vanishingly small. Take a test after the appropriate number of days to be certain.

Thank you really much! Any other opinios would be really helpful thank you so much!
Thank you really much! Any other opinios would be really helpful thank you so much!

You're welcome, but people's opinions don't really matter very much in cases like these. What matters are the facts of the case, and they can only be ascertained by scientific tests.
Did she take those pills beforehand?
Original post by Anonymous
Did she take those pills beforehand?

Hello! She took the pills after we had sex. But we're not really sure if she was in the period of ovulation. We used the app flo to find out amd it said that she was ovulating.
Hello! She took the pills after we had sex. But we're not really sure if she was in the period of ovulation. We used the app flo to find out amd it said that she was ovulating.

She says that i shouldn't be worried because there was just a small hole in the condom and it wasn't near the tip of the condom+ i didn't ejaculate in the condom. But i'm still paranoid.
Reply 7
You should be okay if your description is accurate.Morning after pill works to stop egg implanting so would absolutely work during ovulation.
Original post by Scotney
You should be okay if your description is accurate.Morning after pill works to stop egg implanting so would absolutely work during ovulation.

I searched on the internet and everywhere it said that it doesn't work during ovulation because the role of it is to delay or stop ovulation :frown: that's why i'm anxious about it.
Reply 9
I searched on the internet and everywhere it said that it doesn't work during ovulation because the role of it is to delay or stop ovulation :frown: that's why i'm anxious about it.

Okay depends where you look but no point in stressing you have no way of knowing whether she had ovulated or not as it varies from person to person and even morth to month.
Original post by Scotney
Okay depends where you look but no point in stressing you have no way of knowing whether she had ovulated or not as it varies from person to person and even morth to month.

I found that if the egg was released the pill might stop the sperm to reach the egg, or it can also stop an already fertilized egg to attach on the womb. I hope it will work. Thanks for the help man. I'm really grateful for everyone's help.
Reply 11
I found that if the egg was released the pill might stop the sperm to reach the egg, or it can also stop an already fertilized egg to attach on the womb. I hope it will work. Thanks for the help man. I'm really grateful for everyone's help.

No problem.Perhaps going forward your girlfriend might consider taking the contraceptive pill or having an implant as an extra precaution.

Dear wish you all the best.
Original post by Anonymous
Dear wish you all the best.

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest