The Student Room Group

Implantation bleeding/ bleeding in pregnancy

So I am around 4-5 weeks pregnant and I was bleeding a tiney but yesterday. Sort of pink. Today there has been a little more blood again still pink however there was a brownish red clot? Is this bad? I’m so scared. The bleeding and the clot where only when I wiped.
Reply 1
Can you have implantation bleeding and still be pregnant.....
A little spotting early in pregnancy doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem. Implantation bleeding can be an early sign of pregnancy and just means your fertilised egg has implanted in the womb. However, if you see blood and are in any way concerned, it's best to get it checked out to rule out any risks.

Does implantation bleeding mean a healthy pregnancy......
Sometimes, as the embryo attaches, it causes a little bleeding. This usually happens about the time you would have your period. You may even confuse it with your period and not realize you're pregnant. Implantation bleeding is normal and doesn't mean you or your baby will have problems.

Original post by Anonymous
So I am around 4-5 weeks pregnant and I was bleeding a tiney but yesterday. Sort of pink. Today there has been a little more blood again still pink however there was a brownish red clot? Is this bad? I’m so scared. The bleeding and the clot where only when I wiped.

Any concerns you have them speak to your GP or the GP practice midwife okay.
Reply 2
The timing is wrong for implantation bleeding. Assuming you have a regular 28 day cycle you bleed day 0, ovulate day 14 and bleed again day 28

Implantation around 14d after conception - as your period would be due.

Any other signs? Have you done tests? Are you wanting to be pregnant? Any other health issues.
Reply 3
Original post by Apachecow
The timing is wrong for implantation bleeding. Assuming you have a regular 28 day cycle you bleed day 0, ovulate day 14 and bleed again day 28

Implantation around 14d after conception - as your period would be due.

Any other signs? Have you done tests? Are you wanting to be pregnant? Any other health issues.

Found out that I was having a miscarriage
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Found out that I was having a miscarriage

I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope you are doing ok?
Reply 5
Original post by Apachecow
I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope you are doing ok?

Things are really tough. I can’t stop blaming myself. Like I did something wrong. Like I failed. I have been trying with my partner for so long and the time we get pregnant I miss carry. It’s a tough thing to process.
Reply 6
It's funny, isn't it? How you think getting pregnant will be so easy, and you do all you can to avoid it when you are younger, and suddenly you want a baby it's much more difficult than you think. Took us nearly 3 years of trying to get number 1 and then number 2 appeared (a little by surprise) 14 months later.

It's not your fault and you've done nothing wrong. These early miscarriages are actually very common. Some believe that the embryo may have had a genetic flaw that would have been incompatible with life.

Have you had any investigations?

Quick Reply

Latest