The Student Room Group

Best way to comfort partner during mood swings periods

Hi my partner keeps getting mood swings randomly and feels distant. Some days she’s fine some days she’s really off. I ask if I’ve done anything wrong she says no stop asking. She gets really irritable about everything, she’s on antidepressants and implant , normally notice it before a period but sometimes happens randomly during a month, I’ve done nothing wrong but feels like I have, feels like she’s giving me cold shoulder short reply’s to things I ask, and just feels like not interested. But then she says she’s totally fine with me and I know I’ve done nothing wrong at all, she has depression and bad anxiety, but today really feels the worst like I’ve upset her but I haven’t,

Any idea what I should be doing through these times should I give space, I take it affection is not wanted or to be bothered but I could be wrong, I’ve bought flowers chocolates all sorts in past during that time of month, still have the off feeling, I just have to ride it out for a better day, but if there is a magic trick I cando please let me know ladies or any men that know what’s best todo during those moody feeling low moods.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi my partner keeps getting mood swings randomly and feels distant. Some days she’s fine some days she’s really off. I ask if I’ve done anything wrong she says no stop asking. She gets really irritable about everything, she’s on antidepressants and implant , normally notice it before a period but sometimes happens randomly during a month, I’ve done nothing wrong but feels like I have, feels like she’s giving me cold shoulder short reply’s to things I ask, and just feels like not interested. But then she says she’s totally fine with me and I know I’ve done nothing wrong at all, she has depression and bad anxiety, but today really feels the worst like I’ve upset her but I haven’t,

Any idea what I should be doing through these times should I give space, I take it affection is not wanted or to be bothered but I could be wrong, I’ve bought flowers chocolates all sorts in past during that time of month, still have the off feeling, I just have to ride it out for a better day, but if there is a magic trick I cando please let me know ladies or any men that know what’s best todo during those moody feeling low moods.

Just give her space that’s all. You just need to understand and feel like what it’s like in her shoes she’s going through pain and she wouldn’t really be at moments to spend time with you and talk give her space but at the same time don’t make it obvious that your leaving her alone as her man she would still expect you to be there for her.
(edited 12 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending