The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

I was on the reserve list for an interview and got a voicemail and e-mail at 12.58 and 13.01 yesterday offering me the chance to sign up for one of a limited number of interview places available this week and giving me until 14.00 to respond otherwise I would be removed from the process - I was pretty shocked by this as it seemed to be penalising people with jobs or other commitments since we would be unlikely to be able to respond within an hour! Did anyone else on the reserve list get a similar time-scale to reply?
Hello, that sounds quite harsh really. Do you know how far down the reserve list you were? I am 61st and so am anxious to know how far they have made their way through the standby list
Original post by Sausage92
Hello, that sounds quite harsh really. Do you know how far down the reserve list you were? I am 61st and so am anxious to know how far they have made their way through the standby list

I've no idea I'm afraid, I didn't know there was a way of finding out how far down you were! Sorry if my story has worried you, I was just so shocked by it and curious to find out if this happened to lots of people or whether I was just unlucky to be at the end of a batch of calls or something. I hope you make it up the standby list more successfully!
Reply 23
Hi guys,

I have my interview on Tuesday! Very excited but of course very nervous at the same time.

Just wondering from any previous year's applicants or current trainees whether or not we're allowed to ask questions at the end of the interview to the interviewers?

Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi - I had my interview this week and it was relatively straightforward so don't worry. They invited me to ask questions to the trainee (one of the interviewers) afterwards and also there were some people milling about (I was in the last session of the day so that was probably why).

Best of luck :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by remifentanil2796
Hi - I had my interview this week and it was relatively straightforward so don't worry. They invited me to ask questions to the trainee (one of the interviewers) afterwards and also there were some people milling about (I was in the last session of the day so that was probably why).

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated! Wishing you the best of luck :biggrin:

What sort of things did they ask in the interview?
Just had my interview today, was pretty straightforward to be honest. Couple of motivational questions and a few competency ones - nothing out of the ordinary. Hopefully I get through, but you can never tell.
Original post by HilariousNinja
Just had my interview today, was pretty straightforward to be honest. Couple of motivational questions and a few competency ones - nothing out of the ordinary. Hopefully I get through, but you can never tell.

Good luck! I've got mine next week.

Any idea when the assessment dates would be?
Original post by Laura.Laurent
Good luck! I've got mine next week.

Any idea when the assessment dates would be?

They'll run from 10-25th March. Check the link below. I think we'll find out if we're through by the end of Feb.

http://www.nhsgraduates.co.uk/application/application-process.aspx
Reply 30
interview tomorrow... :colondollar:
Reply 31
I had my interview today and really it's not so bad.. which I know is easier said than it is lol. The interviewers were incredibly nice.

My advice would be to really make sure you know exactly why you want to work for the NHS - don't generalise.
& some of the follow up questions might throw you (some of them threw me for sure!) but if you know your examples well, i.e. you're not making up.. then I'm sure you will have no problems :smile:

Good luck everyone!!
Reply 32
Aww well done to all those who have had interviews! Mines on Friday 13th as well in Leeds! Like everyone has mentioned, my friend said just know why you want to work for the NHS and have several examples of how you coped with certain situations, how well you work in a team and what your motivations are.
Do I need to take anything to my interview? Certificates, ID etc?
Reply 34
Original post by LouisaMaria
Do I need to take anything to my interview? Certificates, ID etc?

Nope. Just need to bring yourself 😊

Just a few questions about the interview:
- How many people were interviewing you? And did the others watch you asking the trainee questions?
- Is it solely motivational questions and competency questions or will we be asked some personal ones e.g. tell me about yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses etc.?

My interview is tomorrow, so nervous! Thanks! :smile:
Just got my invite to the AC stage :smile: Finance and Health Informatics - check your emails. Apparently the rest will go out by next week.

ps hnnng lucy
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
Got my invite to AC too! So excited! Good luck everyone else waiting for emails.
Reply 38
My AC is on the 10th.
Anyone else gone for this date?

May be an idea to all meet up the night before?
Wahhhh I got put on the reserve list! Wonder what my chances are... the email was like extremely positive though I feel considering I'm not definitely in there. Anyone else in my situation let me know please!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending