The Student Room Group

Referencing for EPQ?

Have a question,if i can't reference a source completely e.g. i cant find the date the website published a certain page or i can't find an author

can i just make it up because for some of my sources they don't have the whole publication date and might just have something like june 2010...
Reply 1
anyone out there know what i should do?
Original post by scrawlx101
Have a question,if i can't reference a source completely e.g. i cant find the date the website published a certain page or i can't find an author

can i just make it up because for some of my sources they don't have the whole publication date and might just have something like june 2010...

Don't make it up, either don't give the date or just say date unavailable. You could possibly mention the potential problems this could have on the source's reliability in your evaluation. Try not to use too many of these sources, websites should not make up most of your sources.
Reply 3
Original post by Chlorophile
Don't make it up, either don't give the date or just say date unavailable. You could possibly mention the potential problems this could have on the source's reliability in your evaluation. Try not to use too many of these sources, websites should not make up most of your sources.

what if the aritcle has something like "june 2010"

Quite a few of my sources dont have a specific publication date....my epq is on the stanford prison experiment so i can only really use websites.....i have done a interview and watched 2 videos....
what if the aritcle has something like "june 2010"

Quite a few of my sources dont have a specific publication date....my epq is on the stanford prison experiment so i can only really use websites.....i have done a interview and watched 2 videos....

The month and year is absolutely fine. For most scientific papers you only get the year anyway!
Reply 5
The month and year is absolutely fine. For most scientific papers you only get the year anyway!

my teacher said we have to have the day month,year,author,website source,url and when we accessed it on our refrencing thing-is he right or can i miss out the publication day since thats a bit tricker to find.
my teacher said we have to have the day month,year,author,website source,url and when we accessed it on our refrencing thing-is he right or can i miss out the publication day since thats a bit tricker to find.

You definitely don't need the day, month and year, most sources won't have the day unless it's a blog or something.
Reply 7
You definitely don't need the day, month and year, most sources won't have the day unless it's a blog or something.

ok guess ill just try and fill out as much as i possible can and go on from there.Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest