The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Msc business with marketing management

Can i know how is Northumbria university especially for its business mgmnt courses. And compared to Newcastle uni. How is it in terms of social life, friendly environment for international students.

Which is better ? Newcastle uni or Northumbria ?
Hey! Newcastle University is part of the Russell Group universities - meaning that it is ranked highly for academic excellence!

Newcastle uni is also known for it's great outlook for international students, so personally I would feel that Newcastle University would be the better choice.

However, Northumbria uni is also a good university and would not necessarily put you at a disadvantage at all. Both unis have friendly atmospheres so it would be a decision made entirely on whichever you feel you will benefit more from! Consider facilities/expenses/campuses/employability etc.

Hope this helps a bit
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by eahumphries
Hey! Newcastle University is part of the Russell Group universities - meaning that it is ranked highly for academic excellence!

Newcastle uni is also known for it's great outlook for international students, so personally I would feel that Newcastle University would be the better choice.

However, Northumbria uni is also a good university and would not necessarily put you at a disadvantage at all. Both unis have friendly atmospheres so it would be a decision made entirely on whichever you feel you will benefit more from! Consider facilities/expenses/campuses/employability etc.

Hope this helps a bit

Which is better if we take all these into account i.e facilities, expenses, employability.

And any idea what is the ratio in Newcastle Msc international marketing. I.e boys to girls ratio and the strength of the class ? Thanks
Original post by Robin Arora
Which is better if we take all these into account i.e facilities, expenses, employability.

And any idea what is the ratio in Newcastle Msc international marketing. I.e boys to girls ratio and the strength of the class ? Thanks

Newcastle University is given more grant money than Northumbria so facilities are going to be slightly better and probably more advanced.

I wouldn't know the girl/boy ration but there would be a no discrimination policy at both unis so people who get onto the courses will be offered a place based on ability.

I would also say Newcastle has a higher employability percentage as generally it's considered a better uni.
Reply 4
Thanks man this really helped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending