The Student Room Group

Business management or business management with marketing

I’ve been offered unconditionals for both - but not sure what to go for? Which one do you think would generally be better - I am unsure what I want to do after uni
Original post by elloell
I’ve been offered unconditionals for both - but not sure what to go for? Which one do you think would generally be better - I am unsure what I want to do after uni

Hey there,

Congratulations on securing unconditional offers for business management and business management with marketing! It's a fantastic achievement. Given your uncertainty about post-university plans, here's my recommendation:

If you're still unsure about your career path and don't have specific plans after university, I would lean towards plain business management. It offers a solid foundation in various aspects of business operations, such as finance, human resources, logistics, and strategy, which can be valuable in many industries (From my experience). It provides a versatile skill set that can be applied across different roles and sectors, giving you flexibility in your career trajectory. I also had marketing, sales, and digital marketing electives.

However, if you have a genuine interest in marketing and see yourself pursuing a career in that field, then business management with marketing could be the better choice. This specialization will allow you to delve deeper into marketing concepts, consumer behaviour, branding, and advertising strategies, which can be advantageous if you're passionate about this area.

I recommend thoroughly reviewing the course modules for both options to make an informed decision. Compare the curriculum to see the differences in topics covered, elective choices, and additional opportunities available within each program. Review your options, gather information, and weigh the pros and cons before deciding. Trust your instincts, and best of luck with your decision!

Cheers,
Shri (MSc International Business Student).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending