The Student Room Group

Potential Optometry Students 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Markray120
Crikey - we will all be there at 2 o'clock on Thursday!! I am coming from Cardiff! See you all there!!

Omg awesome, see you there too! I can't wait actually to go an see it. :biggrin:
If I don't get in with offers now I'm really hoping to still be able to get in through clearing. Does anyone know what grades city were accepting in clearing last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
Original post by BubbleLover98
Mine is on Thursday as well!! I might see you there 😄 I'm coming from North Wales so quite far but not as far as Scotland 😮 and I got an email sent to me, just briefly discussing how the interview will take place. (Wasn't really much info though) I'm quite nervous but excited to see the uni!!

No way!:O I just got that email today so I feel so much better now, I'm the same because I've never had an interview before! We'll be fine!:smile:
Reply 103
got an offer from city!!! definitely going to be my firm, hope i can get AAA, just worried that i won't get an A in chemistry, are they reasonably lenient with entry requirements ?
Original post by aysh98
got an offer from city!!! definitely going to be my firm, hope i can get AAA, just worried that i won't get an A in chemistry, are they reasonably lenient with entry requirements ?

If you don't mind me asking, what is your predicted grades?
I have been predicted AAB, I am worried that I may not get an offer.
Reply 105
A*AA but thats ridiculously high and I'll be lucky to get AAB, im sure you will still get an offer, good luck :smile: x
Original post by aysh98
A*AA but thats ridiculously high and I'll be lucky to get AAB, im sure you will still get an offer, good luck :smile: x

Thank you :smile:
Original post by aysh98

Aston is rated as the best for Optom, and they let people in via clearing with BBC/BBB this year.

Don't sweat it.
Reply 108
Original post by IllmaticLUPE
Aston is rated as the best for Optom, and they let people in via clearing with BBC/BBB this year.

Don't sweat it.

Wow really?
That's really reassuring thank you! :smile:
Original post by charnot1997
What's the optometry quiz ? Will it affect our chances in getting in if we don't do as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Aubrey_79
Is the 20 points given regardless of the outcome of the quiz?
Will applicants be considered depending on the outcome of the quiz?
Thanks

The quiz is one of several activities that will take place on the day. To be eligible for the 20 UCAS tariff point reduction on their Bradford offer, applicants must be studying qualifications that attract tariff points, attend the applicant experience day and complete all of the activities. The quiz is informal; there is no ‘pass mark’ required and the result won’t affect an applicant’s ability to get a place on the course. Hope this helps answer both your questions :smile:
Hi, does anyone have an interview for manchester on the 2nd December?
Original post by University of Bradford
The quiz is one of several activities that will take place on the day. To be eligible for the 20 UCAS tariff point reduction on their Bradford offer, applicants must be studying qualifications that attract tariff points, attend the applicant experience day and complete all of the activities. The quiz is informal; there is no ‘pass mark’ required and the result won’t affect an applicant’s ability to get a place on the course. Hope this helps answer both your questions :smile:

What are the other activities?

Thanks
If you don't mind me asking, what is your predicted grades?
I have been predicted AAB, I am worried that I may not get an offer.
c My predicted grades are also AAB but have had an offer from Anglia and 2 interviews - nothing from Cardiff or Plymouth as yet though :frown:(
c My predicted grades are also AAB but have had an offer from Anglia and 2 interviews - nothing from Cardiff or Plymouth as yet though :frown:(

I hope you don't mind me asking but where have you got interviews from? Also I haven't heard from cardiff or plymouth either :frown:

Congratulations!
I am worried because I am resitting my A2 exams.
I got a C in Bio and a D in chem.
I am scared this will affect my chance of receiving a offer/place!
I do not want to add it on to my UCAS! :frown:
Congratulations!

im a retake as well...i got acd last year.....where r u applying?
(edited 8 years ago)
Congratulations!

I am a retake aswell, I got ACD. The C was 2 ums off a B, so I am just going to retake 1 module for that and retake 2 modules for the D. I am predicted AAB, but I have been told I should recieve offers.
Original post by HelenS97
I hope you don't mind me asking but where have you got interviews from? Also I haven't heard from cardiff or plymouth either :frown:
Hi Helen - have interviews at Herts and Manchester. The first one is this Thursday! Am panicking a bit!!
Original post by HelenS97
Hi, does anyone have an interview for manchester on the 2nd December?

Yes!! I do!!! At 12:45?? Going on train from Cardiff! Aargh!
Original post by BubbleLover98
Omg awesome, see you there too! I can't wait actually to go an see it. :biggrin:

So - who is going to this interview at Herts on Thursday? Helen and Bubblelover? Are you both girls or are you a boy, Bubblelover? I am a boy but seems that there are quite a lot of female applicants for optometry. My interview is at 2 and am dreading the 'group' thing a bit! Think we are going to Pizza Express beforehand - better not have anything with garlic on it!! Lol!

Quick Reply

Latest