The Student Room Group

GCSE Science for a Psychology Degree?

Hey, I'm specifically looking at the University of Birmingham and I'm looking to take a degree in Psychology. Obviously being a top university I was wondering what are the entry requirements for the university in relation to GCSEs. I got D's in all my GCSE sciences so will that affect my application for a psychology degree as it is a social science. I also mainly got B's and C's at GCSE so will that narrow my chances of getting in? Thank you :-)
Reply 1
Original post by AmeenaYasmin
Hey, I'm specifically looking at the University of Birmingham and I'm looking to take a degree in Psychology. Obviously being a top university I was wondering what are the entry requirements for the university in relation to GCSEs. I got D's in all my GCSE sciences so will that affect my application for a psychology degree as it is a social science. I also mainly got B's and C's at GCSE so will that narrow my chances of getting in? Thank you :-)

This should have the information you need:
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/psychology/psychology.aspx?OpenSection=EntryRequirements

It seems the only GCSE grades they require are a C in both Maths and English, like most other universities. Science at GCSE is hardly ever asked for, and probably won't stop you from studying a social science subject at A Level. You should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending