The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I had a cold last week and then it went and now its back...with avengance!! iv completely lost my voice which isnt so good since I have auditions this week!! aaaah
Reply 21
I am practically the only person I know who hasn't got it. The constant barrage of coughing in lectures is grating!!
I've never felt better :smile:

However a girl was sneezing behind me in class today...
Ive had freshers flu and so has everyone else that I know. But I never get that ill, just a bit of a cold. Nothing alcohol can't solve.
Reply 24
I'm coming out the other side of it. It's not been too horrendous, just felt a bit crap and coldy. I slept loads this weekend and have pretty much recovered.
Reply 25
I'm just finishing a 2 1/2 week batch of it now, halfway through caught some form of tonsilitus, not the best start to time at uni!
:frown: I felt like death personified when I got up this morning (no exaggeration). Think I may have some kind of sickness bug as well :frown::frown: guess that means no indian takeaway for me tonight.
Reply 27
Every single person on my floor at uni has it!!!(including me!)
Reply 28
So far, no flu. Keeping fingers crossed.
Reply 29
Urgh. I've got it. Although I've decided to rebrand it "man flu" as that means I can moan more :wink:. Can't remember the last time I could breathe through my nose/talk and sound normal/go out without three jumpers and a scarf. I went out the other night and started seeing double, so I'm taking it easy for a while now. Still, means girly movies with my corridor and lots of hot lemonade!!
Reply 30
I haven't got it.
I got it as soon as I had a conversation about it with a 2nd year. But I probably got it because he had caught it too, and I went out a bit too much that weekend.
Reply 32
OMG, I feel awful :frown:
Reply 33
Pippak
Urgh. I've got it. Although I've decided to rebrand it "man flu" as that means I can moan more :wink:. Can't remember the last time I could breathe through my nose/talk and sound normal/go out without three jumpers and a scarf. I went out the other night and started seeing double, so I'm taking it easy for a while now. Still, means girly movies with my corridor and lots of hot lemonade!!

Hot lemonade? Yuk.
Reply 34
I think i'm coming down with it but have been thinking that for the past couple of days because i feel awful
shyopstv
Fresher's Flu != Actual flu

I highly doubt many people get proper flu while they are in their first few weeks of uni. I was always under the impression that fresher's flu is just a bad cold

Surely it's called Freshers Flu because of the alliteration?

I've had a cold this past week. I had one day where I felt complete turd but the rest has been ok enough to still carry on with every day stuff. I had a terrible cold last year and only recovered when I finally decided to go home.
I've lost my voice! this just gets better each day..:frown:
Reply 37
Nessyfencer
Hot lemonade? Yuk.

:eek: How can you say that?? Squeeze half a lemon, add hot water to the juice then about four teaspoons of sugar and tell me it's yucky. It's the one good thing about being all ill!
Reply 38
I haven't had the full lot of it. I have a bit of a cold etc but a few of my flatmates and friends have had it really badly so I'm quite glad I haven't caught it. I have to go and have a flu jab tonight as well!
Reply 39
CheesyBeans
Surely it's called Freshers Flu because of the alliteration?

Exactly. Fresher's Moderatly Bad Cold doesn't have the same ring to it. I was just clearing it up as there seemed to be some confusion

Latest

Trending

Trending