Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had a cold last week and then it went and now its back...with avengance!! iv completely lost my voice which isnt so good since I have auditions this week!! aaaah

ReputationRep:
    I am practically the only person I know who hasn't got it. The constant barrage of coughing in lectures is grating!!

ReputationRep:
    I've never felt better

However a girl was sneezing behind me in class today...

ReputationRep:
    Ive had freshers flu and so has everyone else that I know. But I never get that ill, just a bit of a cold. Nothing alcohol can't solve.

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming out the other side of it. It's not been too horrendous, just felt a bit crap and coldy. I slept loads this weekend and have pretty much recovered.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just finishing a 2 1/2 week batch of it now, halfway through caught some form of tonsilitus, not the best start to time at uni!

ReputationRep:
    I felt like death personified when I got up this morning (no exaggeration). Think I may have some kind of sickness bug as well guess that means no indian takeaway for me tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Every single person on my floor at uni has it!!!(including me!)

ReputationRep:
    So far, no flu. Keeping fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh. I've got it. Although I've decided to rebrand it "man flu" as that means I can moan more . Can't remember the last time I could breathe through my nose/talk and sound normal/go out without three jumpers and a scarf. I went out the other night and started seeing double, so I'm taking it easy for a while now. Still, means girly movies with my corridor and lots of hot lemonade!!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got it.

ReputationRep:
    I got it as soon as I had a conversation about it with a 2nd year. But I probably got it because he had caught it too, and I went out a bit too much that weekend.

ReputationRep:
    OMG, I feel awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippak)
    Urgh. I've got it. Although I've decided to rebrand it "man flu" as that means I can moan more . Can't remember the last time I could breathe through my nose/talk and sound normal/go out without three jumpers and a scarf. I went out the other night and started seeing double, so I'm taking it easy for a while now. Still, means girly movies with my corridor and lots of hot lemonade!!
    Hot lemonade? Yuk.

ReputationRep:
    I think i'm coming down with it but have been thinking that for the past couple of days because i feel awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyopstv)
    Fresher's Flu != Actual flu

I highly doubt many people get proper flu while they are in their first few weeks of uni. I was always under the impression that fresher's flu is just a bad cold
    Surely it's called Freshers Flu because of the alliteration?

I've had a cold this past week. I had one day where I felt complete turd but the rest has been ok enough to still carry on with every day stuff. I had a terrible cold last year and only recovered when I finally decided to go home.

ReputationRep:
    I've lost my voice! this just gets better each day..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessyfencer)
    Hot lemonade? Yuk.
    :eek: How can you say that?? Squeeze half a lemon, add hot water to the juice then about four teaspoons of sugar and tell me it's yucky. It's the one good thing about being all ill!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had the full lot of it. I have a bit of a cold etc but a few of my flatmates and friends have had it really badly so I'm quite glad I haven't caught it. I have to go and have a flu jab tonight as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesyBeans)
    Surely it's called Freshers Flu because of the alliteration?
    Exactly. Fresher's Moderatly Bad Cold doesn't have the same ring to it. I was just clearing it up as there seemed to be some confusion

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.