The Student Room Group

The FA Cup Thread 14/15

Scroll to see replies

So Arsenal v Reading semi final clashes with Chelsea vs United, the FA really know how to promote their competition.
Oh ffs nearly the same kick off time as well :lolwut:
Original post by Mackay
Poyet will go before the end of the season imo.

Original post by The Shed End

Saved for future usage.
So its back. Just me who thinks its a complete joke how the Arsenal semi final is on at the same time as Chelsea v Man United? Our game should be on a Sunday, move the City game that nobody cares about to Saturday lunchtime and Newcastle v Spurs could have been the MNF. I suppose that makes too much sense though... :rolleyes:

Anyway, reckon it'll be Arsenal and Aston Villa who will win their ties.
Original post by sr90
So its back. Just me who thinks its a complete joke how the Arsenal semi final is on at the same time as Chelsea v Man United? Our game should be on a Sunday, move the City game that nobody cares about to Saturday lunchtime and Newcastle v Spurs could have been the MNF. I suppose that makes too much sense though... :rolleyes:

Anyway, reckon it'll be Arsenal and Aston Villa who will win their ties.

agree with all of that.

I am out tonight so going to miss both the arsenal + united games.. shame, was going to whack them both on.. one on the telly and one on the laptop :frown:
I know we've already been over this before, but I absolutely hate the semis being at Wembley.
The semi-finals shouldn't be at Wembley, they shouldn't use a pink ball, and PL games shouldn't kick off at the same time. Other than that, well organised FA!
Come on Reading!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Know what's worse than ITV's coverage? BT Sport's.
Original post by Mackay
The semi-finals shouldn't be at Wembley, they shouldn't use a pink ball, and PL games shouldn't kick off at the same time. Other than that, well organised FA!

It's dreadful, I honestly can't see why they have lined it up with Chelsea vs United. Terrible scheduling.
Arsenal back in the final, then. They enjoyed back-to-back finals in 2000-01 and 2001-02, and then 2002-03 as well.
Original post by TornadoGR4
I know we've already been over this before, but I absolutely hate the semis being at Wembley.

Don't understand what was wrong with OT and Villa Park, it was moved just to make more money to pay the stadium debt off.
The thing is, now that Aston Villa have had their big day out at Wembley, they may not be as motivated for the final. It happened with Stoke in 2011, after they battered Bolton. They didn't really push City in the final, which is a shame. Would they have had they not graced Wembley before? Who knows.
Praying Villa can pull through and that this underdog stick we've been pushed with pays off. I don't think we are in a bad position at all and that our performance at wembley is testament to that, i think we can bring the same energy in the final as at the weekend

What will happen to the Emirates Cup? I dread to think.

Quick Reply

Latest