The Student Room Group

international woes: part deux

Ive been really really confused over this whole uni thing seeing as im going it alone (gap year), parents never went, and im an international student in a desolate sea of airheads who know nothing about uk education. Ugh. Basically im taking a gap year to work,etc but also to take a few exams to avoid the superfluous foundation year. Im applying for creative writing at Kingston, UEL, etc. ive figured out what I need to get to the "uk standard" and will be applying one I get my PS sorted out. Ive got an American high school diploma with a gpa of a C/almost a B (2.30ish) im doing the SAT on November 4th. And ive got 2 ap exams lined up in may (English lang/lit). am I wasting my time here? No ones convinced this is plausible, and are all "oh you should have just done a foundation year like everyone else". Should I have just gone for a foundation year? . This question is probably pointless but I just hope it all turns out in my favour in the end (ie I get at least one flipping offer!) without bearing the brunt of everyones 'I told you so's and end up having wasted my time with all the AP book ****e i bought and eventually end up having to do a foundation year in 2007, meaning id start undergrad study when im 19.. advice please! Reassurance..anything to make me feel like im somewhat doing the right thing :confused: thanks

Also a quick one for people who have applied with US diplomas: when im putting my grades in for ucas, do I put in my cumulative gpa (my 11&12 marks combined) or can I get away with entering just my gr12 final marks and gpa (which are considerably better that the cumulative)??
Reply 1
bump :smile:
My reference put in my predicted weighted cumulative GPA for grade 10-12, because thats the standard for the public schools here (UC Berkeley). Cambridge has my transcript, and they can pick which GPA they like best (which I'm hoping is my weighted 10-12 because its higher).

I know absolutely nothing about foundation years though, sorry.

Latest

Trending

Trending