Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    for what uni?

Cambridge gave out their interviews 8th Nov 2 years ago...I just looked at my emails
    Cambridge! LC said the 'posting' date for interview decisions is 15/11, so we will hear by then. I really hope it is sooner than that...hopefully next two days! Yeah, but last year they gave it out 12/11, so it is hard to tell when they will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carbon_)
    Cambridge! LC said the 'posting' date for interview decisions is 15/11, so we will hear by then. I really hope it is sooner than that...hopefully next two days! Yeah, but last year they gave it out 12/11, so it is hard to tell when they will
    Really?

Where did they say that? I havent received any communication from LC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    Really?

Where did they say that? I havent received any communication from LC?
    My friend emailed them. I will send you their reply by PM!

ReputationRep:
    Also bare in mind, in the LC thread last year, they initially said people will find out on 15/11, and then changed it to 12/11 closer to the date..so I think 15/11 is a deadline for them, but it is likely we will hear before then!

ReputationRep:
    Now it has hit November time seems to have slowed down remarkably...

ReputationRep:
    hello! applied for graduate medicine at barts, newcastle and southampton, and undergraduate medicine at Kings. bioscience degree (2:1) and 750 on UKCAT.

Kings contacted me yesterday asking for my degree transcript - why would they be doing this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pom123)
    hello! applied for graduate medicine at barts, newcastle and southampton, and undergraduate medicine at Kings. bioscience degree (2:1) and 750 on UKCAT.

Kings contacted me yesterday asking for my degree transcript - why would they be doing this?
    I think to check if your degree is "sciencey" enough?

ReputationRep:

what was your degree?

ReputationRep:

ah bioscience... what were the a levels like?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your replies! A levels in Biology, Maths and Ancient History (all As) and Chemistry AS Level (B).... is it a bad thing they're asking? Very nervous
    What is the exact title of your degree?

ReputationRep:
    Zoology
    They probably want to see if there were any chemistry elements to your degree/ enough biology.

ReputationRep:
    Realistically guys, when are we likely to hear off any university? After Cambridge obviously

I've applied to Barts, kings, Warwick and Southampton if anyone has any ideas on those specifically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Warwick and Southampton won't be until December I don't think...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do Cambridge issue rejections before offering interviews to successful candidates? I just got an email from UCAS saying that there's been an update to one of my applications, and I'm really terrified to look! I have applied to SGUL, Oxford and UCL aswell for graduate medicine, so I doubt the update is from them, as it's too early, and gamsat and bmat results are not out yet.

ReputationRep:
    Have a look! I would have assumed they would email rejections. But I could be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catface34)
    Do Cambridge issue rejections before offering interviews to successful candidates? I just got an email from UCAS saying that there's been an update to one of my applications, and I'm really terrified to look! I have applied to SGUL, Oxford and UCL aswell for graduate medicine, so I doubt the update is from them, as it's too early, and gamsat and bmat results are not out yet.
    Hope it's good news for you!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when KCL starts sending out rejections based on UKCAT results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddleduck)
    Does anyone know when KCL starts sending out rejections based on UKCAT results?
    You sure they do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)
    You sure they do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they look at an overview and don't officially have a threshold, but the UKCAT result is used pretty heavily....

I suppose I'm expecting to get rejected and am wondering when that tends to happen ><

ReputationRep:
    I need an interview, come on unis....this is your last chance ...

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.