The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pom123
hello! applied for graduate medicine at barts, newcastle and southampton, and undergraduate medicine at Kings. bioscience degree (2:1) and 750 on UKCAT.

Kings contacted me yesterday asking for my degree transcript - why would they be doing this?

I think to check if your degree is "sciencey" enough?
Original post by pom123
hello! applied for graduate medicine at barts, newcastle and southampton, and undergraduate medicine at Kings. bioscience degree (2:1) and 750 on UKCAT.

Kings contacted me yesterday asking for my degree transcript - why would they be doing this?

what was your degree?
Original post by pom123

ah bioscience... what were the a levels like?
Original post by pom123
thanks for your replies! A levels in Biology, Maths and Ancient History (all As) and Chemistry AS Level (B).... is it a bad thing they're asking? Very nervous :s-smilie:

What is the exact title of your degree?
Original post by pom123
Zoology

They probably want to see if there were any chemistry elements to your degree/ enough biology.
Realistically guys, when are we likely to hear off any university? After Cambridge obviously

I've applied to Barts, kings, Warwick and Southampton if anyone has any ideas on those specifically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Warwick and Southampton won't be until December I don't think...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do Cambridge issue rejections before offering interviews to successful candidates? I just got an email from UCAS saying that there's been an update to one of my applications, and I'm really terrified to look! I have applied to SGUL, Oxford and UCL aswell for graduate medicine, so I doubt the update is from them, as it's too early, and gamsat and bmat results are not out yet.
Have a look! I would have assumed they would email rejections. But I could be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by catface34
Do Cambridge issue rejections before offering interviews to successful candidates? I just got an email from UCAS saying that there's been an update to one of my applications, and I'm really terrified to look! I have applied to SGUL, Oxford and UCL aswell for graduate medicine, so I doubt the update is from them, as it's too early, and gamsat and bmat results are not out yet.

Hope it's good news for you!
Does anyone know when KCL starts sending out rejections based on UKCAT results?
Reply 2271
Original post by puddleduck
Does anyone know when KCL starts sending out rejections based on UKCAT results?

You sure they do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayrk
You sure they do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they look at an overview and don't officially have a threshold, but the UKCAT result is used pretty heavily....

I suppose I'm expecting to get rejected and am wondering when that tends to happen ><
I need an interview, come on unis....this is your last chance ...
Any Cambridge GEM interview offers out yet?
Original post by rayrk
You sure they do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah this time last year I'd already had a rejection from kings because my UKCAT wasn't competitive enough. From that experience I'm guessing they reject early on depending on your UKCAT score
I've applied for GEM at King's, Newcastle, Queen Mary and Southampton and haven't heard anything regarding interviews yet - anyone any different?
Hello!

Just thought I'd let people know that I've spoken to Warwick and they're not expecting to finish shortlisting till the 10th/11th of December (so long away :frown: ) and Southampton are expecting to send out their invites at the end of December roughly 2 weeks before interview!! They seem to like keeping us hanging on! I've also emailed Cambridge to get an update (i am ridiculously impatient seemingly) so will update when I hear!

Hope everyone is doing okay and not stressing too much like me! :smile:
Think everyone is equally impatient!! I've got a worst case scenario of either not finding out until new year, or best case literally just before Christmas for any non-Cambridge places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saward1988
What date last year did the GAMSAT results come out, anyone who did it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They came out on the 12th Nov but the exam was about a week later this year!
So i think we will know on the 16-17th Nov!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending