The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by subject1
Good point :P will send one tomorrow.

:smile:
two of my friends were re-interviewed last week.... they stilll haven't heard. Is this normal?
Original post by gnathaniel1
two of my friends were re-interviewed last week.... they stilll haven't heard. Is this normal?

For which subject? If it's medicine they might be in contention for an Open place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
For which subject? If it's medicine they might be in contention for an Open place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's for MML and history! haha
Original post by gnathaniel1
it's for MML and history! haha

They should have heard by now. Have they checked UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
They should have heard by now. Have they checked UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long until you get a life do you eastimate?
Original post by frigg113
How long until you get a life do you eastimate?

How long till you get to stop spending yours being unpleasant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5007
Has anyone got in for HSPS at Selwyn?
Someone help me out. If I reapply for Maths next year do I need to have done STEP at the end of this year or can I do it at the end of my gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rainybird
Someone help me out. If I reapply for Maths next year do I need to have done STEP at the end of this year or can I do it at the end of my gap year?

It's likely you would be asked to take it at the end of your gap year anyway. To demonstrate you were still up to "scratch".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay I'll focus on getting the grades in my A Levels this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would do step 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I would do step 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got rejected yesterday for medicine via ucas track. It's a bit of an annoying way to find out seeing as I never actually received any letter from Robinson after my interview, but good luck to everyone still waiting.
Does anyone know if I can ask for feedback even if I have an offer?
Original post by Noemiluisa
Does anyone know if I can ask for feedback even if I have an offer?

Generally speaking no. However when you get there you can often find out informally from the people who interviewed you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you do STEP this year and get 1,1 or better in II&III you are virtually guaranteed an offer. Many colleges will not then insist on you sitting more STEP although they will want evidence you are keeping your Maths alive. Queens' have a reputation for accepting Gap year mathematicians, many others prefer you not to do a Gap year for Maths.
If you do get an offer without having already done it, your STEP offer next year may well be tougher as you are not distracted by A-levels-it could easily be STEP S,1 or worse.

The converse is of course true if you sit STEP this year and don't get 1's you may diminish your chances of an offer and if you do get one a tough offer will be expected.
Worth checking the STEP requirements of your second choices as a decent result may mean they become "unconditional" next year.
Original post by Colmans
If you do STEP this year and get 1,1 or better in II&III you are virtually guaranteed an offer. Many colleges will not then insist on you sitting more STEP although they will want evidence you are keeping your Maths alive. Queens' have a reputation for accepting Gap year mathematicians, many others prefer you not to do a Gap year for Maths.
If you do get an offer without having already done it, your STEP offer next year may well be tougher as you are not distracted by A-levels-it could easily be STEP S,1 or worse.

The converse is of course true if you sit STEP this year and don't get 1's you may diminish your chances of an offer and if you do get one a tough offer will be expected.
Worth checking the STEP requirements of your second choices as a decent result may mean they become "unconditional" next year.

Thanks that is very helpful. What kind of work load is required for getting good STEP results? Is it worth risking doing STEP this at the cost of getting lower UMS in my A Levels?
Original post by Colmans
Generally speaking no. However when you get there you can often find out informally from the people who interviewed you.

What if you were pooled?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending