?
Report 16 years ago
Right...
riffraff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey i remember that! i used to study norse legends and weren't there the three fates or wyrd sisters?
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by riffraff)
hey i remember that! i used to study norse legends and weren't there the three fates or wyrd sisters?
greek mythology and a pratchett novel
riffraff
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
no- they were in norse legends- were also called the norns and they spun each man's life thread and wove it into a fabric which predicted what would happen. and yes there was a terry pratchett book called that- not as good as the one where they go abroad though
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no- they were in norse legends- were also called the norns and they spun each man's life thread and wove it into a fabric which predicted what would happen. and yes there was a terry pratchett book called that- not as good as the one where they go abroad though
actually they were greek goddesses first. so there.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if you nominate me i will nominate you (or anyone of your choice) - i need some sort of accolade to get my life more interesting how are you by the way old chap?
riffraff
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
:rolleyes: they were also figures in the norse legends. and the greek versions were known as the fates or the moerae- not the wyrd sisters as wyrd is a primarily northern european word
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
Since we have had treads about almost every aspect of UKL members, I thought I should see who people think are the weirdest.
d, for paying for this.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
d, for paying for this.
but then we wouldnt have you now would we?
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
but then we wouldnt have you now would we?
As they say, every silver lining has a cloud.
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
That always means that they're not - truly mad people think that they are perfectly sane.
Aah... Catch 22!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The Pratchett novel is a blatant piss-take of the three witches (who, I think, are called Wyrd sisters at some point) in Macbeth. That would be another fairly significant one of their appearances, although it is debateable whether Shakespeare actually wrote all the "Double double toil and trouble" bit.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd nominate myself.
I think.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Id nominate supreme Emperor. Becuase he comes on here, abuses us, says he wants to eliminate any trace of himself in this 'pathetic' forum, and yet comes back time after time for more.
LoStInIdEaFlOoD
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
Id nominate supreme Emperor. Becuase he comes on here, abuses us, says he wants to eliminate any trace of himself in this 'pathetic' forum, and yet comes back time after time for more.
...I heard of two things about supreme emperor by reputation...One was that he was funny...the other was that he habitually deleted his all his posts...alas only one of the things that I was told turned out to be true
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
:rolleyes: they were also figures in the norse legends. and the greek versions were known as the fates or the moerae- not the wyrd sisters as wyrd is a primarily northern european word
Yer, but Greek and Norse myths are very alike. They practically have the same gods, same legends
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (128)
46.55%
Take exams next summer (40)
14.55%
Change uni choice through clearing (68)
24.73%
Apply to uni next year instead (25)
9.09%
I'm not applying to university (14)
5.09%

Watched Threads