The Student Room Group

Favourite Societies

Hi guys!

Now the term is fully underway and freshers fairs have been and gone, what societies have everyone joined? Have you taken up a new hobby or continued one from before you started uni? Also, what was the most unique society you have seen at your uni?

Hope term has started well for everyone!
Mike
Original post by Liverpool Hope Student Ambassador
Hi guys!

Now the term is fully underway and freshers fairs have been and gone, what societies have everyone joined? Have you taken up a new hobby or continued one from before you started uni? Also, what was the most unique society you have seen at your uni?

Mike

I joined the Doctor Who club at my uni :biggrin: we're binging all related episodes in time for the 60th anniversary :thumbsup:

I think the weirdest society I've seen at my uni is the 'egg society' :iiam:
Hi guys!

Mike

This is a great thread! I look forward to seeing peoples responses.

As a final year student I did not join any societies this year but I wish I had the time to join the therapeutic arts society at my university! They do weekly craft evenings, sometimes with themes. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by Chronoscope
I joined the Doctor Who club at my uni :biggrin: we're binging all related episodes in time for the 60th anniversary :thumbsup:

I think the weirdest society I've seen at my uni is the 'egg society' :iiam:

The Doctor Who club is a fun one! That's a fun show to binge as well. Who was your favourite Doctor?

Hahaha, I wonder what the egg society get up to in their meetings?
Original post by University of Kent
This is a great thread! I look forward to seeing peoples responses.

As a final year student I did not join any societies this year but I wish I had the time to join the therapeutic arts society at my university! They do weekly craft evenings, sometimes with themes. :smile:

Alia

Hi Alia!

Therapeutic arts sounds great, I love societies like that because it's stuff that you often wouldn't get the chance to do outside of uni, either due to opportunity or even just exposure to it.
Hi Alia!

Therapeutic arts sounds great, I love societies like that because it's stuff that you often wouldn't get the chance to do outside of uni, either due to opportunity or even just exposure to it.

I could not agree more! Societies are a great way to explore some interests and pick up some new hobbies that you usually would not get a chance to do either due to financial or situational circumstances.

Have you joined nay societies yourself?

Alia
Hi guys!

Mike

Hiya! :hello:

I am loving the responses so far to this thread! :heart:

I haven't joined any societies yet but a Student Ambassador society is apparently in the works - which I am really looking forward too and I have even offered to help get it started. Recently I have taken up a new hobby and I have taught myself to crochet which I am loving and I have found so many things I can't wait to create. There also is a well-being Wednesday event happening at our student union every Wednesday which I am going to every week as long as I am available - today we had pumpkin painting :jacko:

Hope everyone else has found something to do whilst at university,
-Maddie :heart:second year health and well-being student at DMU
Original post by University of Kent
I could not agree more! Societies are a great way to explore some interests and pick up some new hobbies that you usually would not get a chance to do either due to financial or situational circumstances.

Have you joined nay societies yourself?

Alia

I didn't branch out too much with mine, I just played for the rugby team! There is some interesting ones now though! Some of the most popular have been the Taylor Swift Society and the Cheese and Biscuits Society, not for me but some of the new students seem to love them haha!
Hello!
This year I have joined the Dance Society here at Lancaster and already made new friends! As well as doing something I love and incorporating exercise into my routine!

Lucy (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi guys!

Mike

Hi Mike,

I hope the term is going well for you. I've recently started playing badminton and joined the cultural society, which hosts events related to my culture. It's been a lot of fun attending these events and meeting new people.

Good Luck!
Fatima
LSBU rep
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending