The Student Room Group

A-Level Drama & Theatre Studies or Performance Studies

Hi. I want to study BA Drama or related subject at university and I didn't know wether to pick Theatre studies AQA or performance studies OCR. The university course I want to apply for says you need Alevel English literature or Drama/Theatre Studies, however I contacted them and they saiid that performance studies was acceptable as well. Which one do I choose? P.S I'm also going to do English Literature and Sociology.
Generally speaking (across the exam boards) theatre studies is drama based, where are performance studies dips into drama, dance and music performance. Therefore I would suggest doing Theatre Studies for your chosen degree. I hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by HollieAMarie
Generally speaking (across the exam boards) theatre studies is drama based, where are performance studies dips into drama, dance and music performance. Therefore I would suggest doing Theatre Studies for your chosen degree. I hope this helps :smile:

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. You help means a lot :smile:
Reply 3
I am currently doing my A Levels, and I have recently been given an essay (it's 30 marks) which is part of my Section C Unit 4 Exam.

This is just a practice mock essay, and the question is "Directors of the 21st century are more concerned with images than words in the performance". Discuss the statement to demonstrate your understanding of the play you have seen in relation to it's original performance conditions.

The performance I went to watch was Macbeth, and I have to compare this to what the original performance conditions were like. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it, or how to structure this. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest