The Student Room Group

GCSE help from a current Year 12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ha27
also was there any major differences between your mock grade and real grades or were they quite similar, thanks for your timee!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think i either did the same or got better from what i can recall! DEfinantly did better in science, maths, italian (got a D in the mock!) and ethics, but i got the same results in history, geog, so on :smile:
Reply 61
I accidentally deleted a private message that somebody sent me that's viewed my thread asking about an a level thread: Please could you resend the message so i can reply- thank you!!!!:tongue:
Reply 62
Original post by Beth_p
I think i either did the same or got better from what i can recall! DEfinantly did better in science, maths, italian (got a D in the mock!) and ethics, but i got the same results in history, geog, so on :smile:

woww well done from going froma d to a* your hardwork definiteelly paid off!!:awesome::awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by ha27
woww well done from going froma d to a* your hardwork definiteelly paid off!!:awesome::awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! Just stay motivated and believe in yourself that you can do it and work your way up from there (cheesy but it's true :biggrin:)
Reply 64
Original post by Beth_p
Thank you!! Just stay motivated and believe in yourself that you can do it and work your way up from there (cheesy but it's true :biggrin:)

ahh thankss x and how did u manage to do FIFTEEEEN gcses did the school make u or did u choose to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Beth_p
I shall try and answer them as best i can but it feels like forever ago so i can't remember everything ! :smile:
1. History/englishlit/english lang/ child develo/food tech: OCR
Maths/science:edexcel
Italian/Geog: AQA

2. I kept refueling on lots of tea and gossip girl in short breaks ahah :wink: Aside from that i just kept thinking of how the results will pay off, it seemed like a horrific experience at the time (everyone goes through it) but it truly does pay off and it was so worth it on results day opening the envelope- just keep a vision of what you want to achieve and that hopefully should motivate you

3. Well on study leave(which was pointless as i only had 3 exams left) i slept in till whenever i wanted to make sure i wasn't tired and felt refreshed. Start work at 11/12 I'd then work up till lunch (2/3), have a break, and then carry on for couple of hours, then break, then work in the evening. Iw ould usually do about 3 subjects a day depending on what i felt i needed to do most.

4. Ermm this is quite hard to remember, i think i started revising properly in the christmas holiday for our mocks. Then after xmas i sort of just focused on learning the rest of the courses as we still hadn't finished some of it so didn't do a lot of revision just prepared revision resources. Probably started full on revising about from April. But before just lghtly reading through stuff.

5. My predicted grades were very similar to the grades i got: my maths p.grade was a B though

6. In the mocks, i did quite well from what i can remember: A for Maths, A* for history, can't really remember any of the others, for us thre was pressure as they would be used incase we were ill for the actual exam in the summer.

7. Yeah i did read through my notes a lot, i used my notes to process them into revision material.

8. Don't faff about and go off topic (that was my problem) remember a top quality answer doesn't have to be 10 pages long- quality not quantity- although i'm a bit of a hypocrite because i always wrote too much aha :biggrin:

Hope that helped!!

Thank You so much
I've got alot of work to do!
Reply 66
Original post by ha27
ahh thankss x and how did u manage to do FIFTEEEEN gcses did the school make u or did u choose to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't even get me started aha! i had many a rant with my form tutor!!
We did some GCSE's in year 9: Humanities, Science (B1,P1,C1)
Yr 10: Additional science, 2 options, started studying for 2 yr option, language for 2 yrs, english lang
yr 11: exams for everything else

i also chose to do an additional one: philosphy, don't really know what possessed me, hated myself for it at the time but it turned out ok so i'm happy about it now!! :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by bunnyland
Thank You so much
I've got alot of work to do!

No problem! try not to put yourself under so much pressure, i did and it really doesn't help. Just take things one step at a time, you still have a long time to prepare! :colondollar:
Reply 68
Original post by zebby1999
Thanks, the way my teachers are making it out to be is totally impossible to pass which it can't be. I mean we have just started that part of the course recently and it seems pretty straight forward

that's generally how my teacher put it forward too- i think they might of thought the timings may of been quite difficult or the actual content im not sure? one tricky part of it is the last source based question where you have to use all of the sources but it gets easier once explained and practiced:smile:
Original post by Beth_p
that's generally how my teacher put it forward too- i think they might of thought the timings may of been quite difficult or the actual content im not sure? one tricky part of it is the last source based question where you have to use all of the sources but it gets easier once explained and practiced:smile:

My teacher said that students nationally find it harder as its completely source based and inferring from sources is hard.
Reply 70
Original post by zebby1999
My teacher said that students nationally find it harder as its completely source based and inferring from sources is hard.

yeah i can understand that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest