The Student Room Group

Blog yr 13 :))))

Thursday 2 November
Hello
From now on , I’ll keep track of my progress by blogging on the student room so when I lose motivation , I can look at the forums full of people crying about A* A* A* A* applying for advanced breathing at Oxford

Day 1
I’m trying to improve my grade by slowly going from 2 hours a day , and building up to eventually 6 hours a day consistently . I am currently predicted A* C C (horrible ik😭 but my head of year is extremely harsh and I unfortunately messed up my year 12 exams ) anyways by gones be by gones . I’ve learnt an important life lesson in year 12 . Or 2 . Acc 3
1) dear year 12s the government gives you the choice to pick 3 subjects of your choice for a reason . To get the best grades possible . Don’t mess about and think your high gcse grades relate to anything your doing at A level. I can even go as far to say that the content you do at gcse is completely irrrelavent after 2 months of A level. Know what you want to do an uni now , look at the grade requirements and start working now . Those A level exams in June require 2 years of consistent hard work built over time .

2) that’s it , I think I summed it up. It’s pretty hypocritical coming from me , who didn’t neither of the things stayed above , but hey never too late . Anyways to day, I marked a paper that I did yesterday. Got a Low A , which is pretty decent , but meh more work to be done . Then I did about 3 parametric questions and called it today. Not much right . Exactly. Study habits are built over time . You can’t just not revise at AS level , even if you magically get A* in it . If you want to revise 4-5 hours a day in year 13 , start doing it in year 12 . Remember that A levels should feel like a long marathon , not a stressed sprint . And remember if you ever feel overwhelmed or alone in this , speak to teachers and close friends . Take a break , go out , have a party , watch a show if you feel like you are mentally struggling for a day.

Thats all from me goodnight
Original post by mgmg8
Thursday 2 November
Hello
From now on , I’ll keep track of my progress by blogging on the student room so when I lose motivation , I can look at the forums full of people crying about A* A* A* A* applying for advanced breathing at Oxford

Day 1
I’m trying to improve my grade by slowly going from 2 hours a day , and building up to eventually 6 hours a day consistently . I am currently predicted A* C C (horrible ik😭 but my head of year is extremely harsh and I unfortunately messed up my year 12 exams ) anyways by gones be by gones . I’ve learnt an important life lesson in year 12 . Or 2 . Acc 3
1) dear year 12s the government gives you the choice to pick 3 subjects of your choice for a reason . To get the best grades possible . Don’t mess about and think your high gcse grades relate to anything your doing at A level. I can even go as far to say that the content you do at gcse is completely irrrelavent after 2 months of A level. Know what you want to do an uni now , look at the grade requirements and start working now . Those A level exams in June require 2 years of consistent hard work built over time .

2) that’s it , I think I summed it up. It’s pretty hypocritical coming from me , who didn’t neither of the things stayed above , but hey never too late . Anyways to day, I marked a paper that I did yesterday. Got a Low A , which is pretty decent , but meh more work to be done . Then I did about 3 parametric questions and called it today. Not much right . Exactly. Study habits are built over time . You can’t just not revise at AS level , even if you magically get A* in it . If you want to revise 4-5 hours a day in year 13 , start doing it in year 12 . Remember that A levels should feel like a long marathon , not a stressed sprint . And remember if you ever feel overwhelmed or alone in this , speak to teachers and close friends . Take a break , go out , have a party , watch a show if you feel like you are mentally struggling for a day.

Thats all from me goodnight

Hi @mgmg8,

Just wanted to say I admire your approach to studying in that habits are built overtime. As a final year university student understanding that not everyday is going to be how you want it to be in terms of productivity is a great life lesson and very helpful way to approach studying in my opinion. You also have some amazing advice for students in year 12 and below.

Let me know if you have any questions about university or anything else!

Keep up the great work!

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending