The Student Room Group

Drop out school?

If you fail end of years for year 12 and the school allows you to retake year 12 but doesn't allow to retake the same subject, should I leave the school since I want to continue with those subjects?
Reply 1
do you have other options for schools that you could go to instead?
get in touch with them with your GCSE grades (check their website to make sure you meet their entry requirements) and explain your situation and say that you believe you can pass the subject and you're happy to start from year 12 if they'll let you start in September.
you could also speak to your teachers at your current school, if you have a good reason for doing poorly in these exams maybe they'll let you retake them.
Reply 2
Original post by yesjess73
do you have other options for schools that you could go to instead?
get in touch with them with your GCSE grades (check their website to make sure you meet their entry requirements) and explain your situation and say that you believe you can pass the subject and you're happy to start from year 12 if they'll let you start in September.
you could also speak to your teachers at your current school, if you have a good reason for doing poorly in these exams maybe they'll let you retake them.

Yes I do have other options for schools, but my current school has this policy that if you fail one of your A level in year 12, you can't take the same subject for year 12 again.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest