The Student Room Group

Bad AS mocks

I'm really struggling now i'm in year twelve. I'm studying art, drama, biology and rs. I got an A in all the subjects i'm taking so all my targets are high. But in my recent mocks i got D E E E U teachers just don't think i'm working. Will this improve? What can i do? I'm so frustrated i'm working and not getting anywhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mocks don't matter very much, just make sure that you do well in the real thing.
Only subject of those I study is biology. Keep reading through your notes/the textbook to remember all of the content. Then do past papers and read through the mark schemes to understand the questions as biology can be a bit misleading in the questions.
Reply 2
Thankyou :smile: did you mock results change much compared to the real thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dohdaws
Thankyou :smile: did you mock results change much compared to the real thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For my C3 maths mock I got something like 68%, because it was the hardest paper ever and I wasn't prepared for it to be that difficult, however I was in general working at 90% at that stage. I got 100% in the real thing.

My other grades didn't move much, mostly As in the mocks but there's no reason why yours can't. A lot of people get higher grades in the real thing, so just take your mock grades as motivation to work hard to improve your grades.
Reply 4
Original post by dohdaws
I'm really struggling now i'm in year twelve. I'm studying art, drama, biology and rs. I got an A in all the subjects i'm taking so all my targets are high. But in my recent mocks i got D E E E U teachers just don't think i'm working. Will this improve? What can i do? I'm so frustrated i'm working and not getting anywhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't let this get u down, let it motivate you. I got a C in my chemistry mock and then got a really high A in my actual exam. This happened for a lot of people at my school for many different subjects. You just have to pinpoint where u went wrong in revision and work on it. The fact that you're concerned and wanting to improve just shows that u have the right attitude to get those grades in the summer.

As far as "what you can do" find the specification for all the exams (your teachers can help with this) then use this to make notes that cover everything, memorise those notes and do past papers :smile:

Best of luck, I know year 12 was super stressful for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Get you smartypants! And thankyou for the advice :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Such useful advice thankyou :yes::yes:
Congratulations on your results! :top:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending