The Student Room Group

Driving test soon and I don’t know how ready I am

My driving test is coming up in 5 weeks time and I’m just feeling so deflated especially after today. I had a lesson today/mock test and I just done so much wrong it was unbelievable. I was hesitating too much when it came to emerging from junctions, completely messing up roundabouts and their lanes, my speed was wrong in some areas and other things as well but you get the idea.

I actually cried when I came home from my lesson because I’m just so unhappy with myself and how c**p I sometimes am. I’ve been practicing more often with my mum outside of lessons and I mean my last lesson went really good. I don’t know if it was the fact I was getting more nervous because it was a mock test (which I knew I was going to fail anyways) or if it was just a bad day (probably both).

The thing with my roundabouts and junctions today (as well as most of the other things I done worse on tbh) aren’t usually things I mess up on. I mean that’s all the basics that I learned at the beginning and yet I just kept messing up! The area in which I’m doing my test and have been practicing on isn’t an area near where I live and so I don’t know it as well but tbh that’s not an excuse.

Just felt like I had to rant in hopes that someone doesn’t mind reading this🤣 and can help calm me down a little 🤣🤣. Ngl I’ve been literally crying and getting so frustrated with myself over this one bad lesson but it’s because I know how close it is till my test.
Original post by Newtothis_24
My driving test is coming up in 5 weeks time and I’m just feeling so deflated especially after today. I had a lesson today/mock test and I just done so much wrong it was unbelievable. I was hesitating too much when it came to emerging from junctions, completely messing up roundabouts and their lanes, my speed was wrong in some areas and other things as well but you get the idea.

I actually cried when I came home from my lesson because I’m just so unhappy with myself and how c**p I sometimes am. I’ve been practicing more often with my mum outside of lessons and I mean my last lesson went really good. I don’t know if it was the fact I was getting more nervous because it was a mock test (which I knew I was going to fail anyways) or if it was just a bad day (probably both).

The thing with my roundabouts and junctions today (as well as most of the other things I done worse on tbh) aren’t usually things I mess up on. I mean that’s all the basics that I learned at the beginning and yet I just kept messing up! The area in which I’m doing my test and have been practicing on isn’t an area near where I live and so I don’t know it as well but tbh that’s not an excuse.

Just felt like I had to rant in hopes that someone doesn’t mind reading this🤣 and can help calm me down a little 🤣🤣. Ngl I’ve been literally crying and getting so frustrated with myself over this one bad lesson but it’s because I know how close it is till my test.

Hi, Its ok rant.
Would you say that you put more pressure on yourself because it was a mock test?
Reply 2
Hey I failed my mock test too. Then I passed my real one first try - failing the mock one did help, have your instructor help you with the things that didn't go right. Just because you didn't pass the mock doesn't mean you can't drive!! 5 weeks is plenty of time, if your instructor thought you were ready then probably nerves is what you need to work on.
It helped me just to imagine I was giving the examiner a lift. I was still very nervous on the actual test and my legs were so shaky I stalled 3 times, but I passed. If you're nervous, it's ok, just remember blind spots always.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending