The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Letter to Durham about EPQs

Hi, could you please tell me if this letter is okay to send to Durham University's application team? Thanks :smile: Also if anyone has advice regarding the questions in the letter then feel free to say so! :biggrin:

Dear to whom it may concern,

I am currently in my first year of 6th form college, and would like to know how to approach my second year with regard to the number of A2 courses to take, and whether or not to take an EPQ alongside my other courses.

I have seen from your website that EPQs do not form part of the entry requirements at Durham University, which has led me to consider taking a fourth A2 course rather than 3 alongside an EPQ. Nevertheless I would still like to explore an area of interest outside of my A level courses in my own time.

I would like to know whether any extra-curricular studies/activities are seen as a positive attribute to an application on their own, or whether this should be carried out as an extended project? Would a fourth A-level be seen as a more positive aspect of an application form than an extended project?

Thank you very much for your time,

_______ __________
Just email them.

And although it won't form part of your offer, every uni likes the EPQ. It's also unlikely a 4th A2 would form part of your offer, and frankly the difference between getting into Durham or not isn't going to depend on whether you've done 4 A2s or 3 with an EPQ.

Pick your preferred option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest