The Student Room Group

are the best universities Harder then normal ranked universities ?

i'm not sure if this is the right place for my question, so if you know a better one please leave a link

back to the main point

my question is are the best universities in the UK harder than normal ranked universities ? :confused:

by best universities i mean (( no oxford or cambridge, 0% of entering them :biggrin: )) :

Manchester
Southampton
Bristol
Loughborough
Nottingham
Edinburgh
Birmingham

and the normal ranked universities are:
the universities that are ranked 35-65

so again
are the universities that i mentioned above noticeably harder than normal ranked universities ?
Reply 1
I know people doing Comp sci at uni of manchester, they said if you don't slack it's alright.
Reply 2
Original post by SiminaM
I know people doing Comp sci at uni of manchester, they said if you don't slack it's alright.

thanks for the reply
so studying at Manchester is alright and not that hard ?

but how does it compare to normal ranked universities ?
not that much difference or noticeably harder ?
Reply 3
Original post by ABO YASER
thanks for the reply
so studying at Manchester is alright and not that hard ?

but how does it compare to normal ranked universities ?
not that much difference or noticeably harder ?

I don't know much - I'm not from the UK. But I think wherever you are you'll be fine as long as you do your job. I don't see how much unis can differ since the programmes/courses are pretty much the same.
Reply 4
Original post by SiminaM
I don't know much - I'm not from the UK. But I think wherever you are you'll be fine as long as you do your job. I don't see how much unis can differ since the programmes/courses are pretty much the same.

in my country they don't really care that much about the rank of the university as long it's from the UK
they care about how you do in the university and your scores
so if the top universities that i mentioned are noticeably harder then it's better for me to just go to one of the normal ranked universities to get the best score possible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending