The Student Room Group

MA Curating Contemporary Art @ Royal College of Art and @ Goldsmith

Hi everybody!

I've sent my application to the Royal College of Art of London, for the MA Curating Contemporary Art. Does anyone knows how they judge your work? Is there any standard I should have followed?
And does anyone know how many people apply and how many people they accept?

too many questions, I know... ehehe The fact is, that I don't know anyone who already applied at the RCA so I'm pretty .... idk, stressed? confused? undecided? :confused: :colondollar:

Moreover, I also applied for the (more or less) same MA at the Goldsmiths. Does anyone know how much does it take to know the answer?

thank you guys :smile:

Cecilia
I saw your post only because I have applied to RCA for MA Photography. I am currently in BA Fine Art/Art History at Goldsmiths but have friends in MA Curating at Goldsmiths so could connect you with them maybe?
Original post by mouseinlondon
I saw your post only because I have applied to RCA for MA Photography. I am currently in BA Fine Art/Art History at Goldsmiths but have friends in MA Curating at Goldsmiths so could connect you with them maybe?

it would be great! You or your friend can find me on facebook, my name is Cecilia Giurgevich, from Italy. It would be very helpful.. ^_^ thank you very much!
Reply 3
Hi!
I have also applied to the course :smile: Just had a short Skype interview to see wether I could come to the main interviews, and apparently they had a large number of applicants this year.. so nervous!
Have ou heard anything yet?
hey Hi!
Yes, on friday I received a mail from Fiona Key, the programme administrator (@rca), inviting me for the formal interview in march!
Did you applied for the Goldsmiths too? I haven't received no answer from them yet...
Reply 5
Haven't applied to Goldsmiths. Got rejected by the RCA today, bit bummed... Have applied to a few art history ma's so I'm still hopeful!
Good luck with the interview!
Original post by amnoju
Haven't applied to Goldsmiths. Got rejected by the RCA today, bit bummed... Have applied to a few art history ma's so I'm still hopeful!
Good luck with the interview!

Oh I'm so sorry for you! But I bet you will find something as good :smile:
May I ask to what other art history did you apply? I also wanted to apply to some art history MA but I couldn't find any interesting, especially something out of London...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Nie Xiaoyi
Hi Cecia! I also receive a skype interview invitation on 9 March. Do you know what process will it be? And how should we prepare for it? I have also applied to the Curating MFA of Goldmishts and the Contemporary Art Theory of Edinburgh. If you are interested in art history, maybe you can consider Courtauld/ Oxford/ York.... I know they varied a lot on rank, but maybe you can have a try.

Hi! So glad to meet a possible future classmate :smile: Well, about the interview I only know that we are supposed to discuss our critical appraisal and exhibition proposal. Unfortunately I don't know more! Since I will have it on the 11th eventually you could tell me earlier ahah :wink: I did consider Courtauld but the application deadline was too early and I wasn't prepare...
Reply 9
Original post by cecia_giurge
Oh I'm so sorry for you! But I bet you will find something as good :smile:
May I ask to what other art history did you apply? I also wanted to apply to some art history MA but I couldn't find any interesting, especially something out of London...

No worries, they encouraged me to get more work-experience and apply again next year. I have been accepted to do my MA in History of Art at Courtauld though, so I think I will go for that instead.

I'm currently doing my undergraduate at York, and they have some really good lecturers within modern and contemporary art. I've enjoyed it massively here. Still, it's two hours outside of London so might be a bit unpractical if you want regular access to a wider contemporary art scene. UCL is also doing rolling applications, might be worth a try?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending